Author Topic: Prayers for Memsahib  (Read 10196 times)

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Prayers for Memsahib
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 01:32:49 PM »
Linda Rawles, aka Memsahib, has gone ahead of us to her reward and our Maker.

http://www.survivalblog.com/

In lieu of condolence letters and emails, Jim asks you to share your witness with someone.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »
I know she is at peace with the Lord, and I hope and pray for her family and friends that loved and respected her.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 05:10:24 PM »
Oh crap, no words , just prayers :'(
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 09:30:08 PM »
Thanks for the update and info Pathfinder.

Indeed, the family is in my prayers.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2009, 08:56:15 AM »
Thanks for the update Path.

continued prayers.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:45:39 PM »

Clark Kent

• Very Active Forum Member
    • GUN FRIENDLY
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 03:29:28 PM »
My condolences.   I wish I had joined this forum sooner so I might have felt the presence of  such an extraordinary woman in our midst.   
Check out: GUN FRIENDLY

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 10:32:03 AM »
I'm resurrecting this thread because of news.

To recap - Jim Rawles, author of the Survivalblog (http://survivalblog.com/) lost his wife a year ago in October. Before she passed, she posed a blog entry soliciting a new wife for her Jim. A moving and incredible post, to say the least.

Everyone's prayers for Memsahib and Jim came through. Memsahib went to her Maker, and God brought a new wife into Jim's life. This was just posted today:

http://www.survivalblog.com/2010/11/an_answer_to_prayer--introduci.html

"By God's grace, there was a strong response to my late wife's July 2009 Bucket List post. One of the responses came from a lovely young widow. She is a committed Christian, a homeschooling mom, and very outdoorsy. (She is an avid gardener, target shooter, hiker and kayaker.) In SurvivalBlog posts, my new bride will be known as Avalanche Lily. She plans to chime in on various blog topics, and she has already started helping me edit articles and my book manuscripts. "By God's grace, there was a strong response to my late wife's July 2009 Bucket List post. One of the responses came from a lovely young widow. She is a committed Christian, a homeschooling mom, and very outdoorsy. (She is an avid gardener, target shooter, hiker and kayaker.) In SurvivalBlog posts, my new bride will be known as Avalanche Lily. She plans to chime in on various blog topics, and she has already started helping me edit articles and my book manuscripts."

More at the link.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »
AWSOME! 

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 08:20:33 PM »
Wish Jim all the best. A woman of such strength and grace like Memsahib, would have wanted it this way.  Thank you Path, for the news.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk