Author Topic: Fred slipping in the polls  (Read 9428 times)

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fred slipping in the polls
« on: October 12, 2007, 07:50:09 AM »
Just left the Fox web site and it shows Guiliani with 30% and Fred with 20%.

The polls may not mean anything this far out but Fred hasn't caught fire like so many had hoped.

Now that Guiliani's liberal social positions are well known I wonder if party members are supporting him as the one who can beat Hillary?

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Fred slipping in the polls
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 10:07:54 AM »
I think we are going have to wait until Jan-Feb when the primaries start to see how Fred does.  He may be waiting for the other canidates to hang thier stand on issues out a bit more to see where he can stomp on them!
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 12:41:36 PM »

The polls may not mean anything this far out

Correct.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

powderfinger

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 12:54:58 AM »
I like Fred and would be proud to vote for him in the general election. As an American who has been paying attention to the '08 election season since it started (way too early, IMO) I see Mike Huckabee emerging as a very viable candidate. I've always got my BS filter on these days and the guy just seems genuine to me and seems to "get it". Anyone see him on Glenn Beck 10/19/07? Opinions anyone? 

the huntsman

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 05:55:04 AM »
I watched Huckabee on Glenn Beck. You're right, he does seem sincere. His answers were well thought out and he appears to understand the issues. I'm still working for Fred but Huckabee is impressive. How about a Thompson/Huckabee ticket?

the huntsman

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:29:13 PM »

Tim Burke

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 07:37:02 AM »
This may help.
TB., NC

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 07:55:22 AM »
This may help.

OK, admit it, this article said everything we have thought . . . .

:'(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 08:53:14 AM »
I checked out Huckabee's web site and I like his statement on the 2nd amendment.

My problem with Huckabee is his "I don't believe in evolution" handraising at an early debate. I would have a VERY difficult time voting for a creasionist since I have long been leary of the religious right in this country (I think they want to institute a theocracy).

His creasionist views and his being a Southern Baptist minister may well help him in much of the south. In the rest of the country he may well be percieved by the public at large as an ignorant backwoods boob, driving independants and moderates to vote for Hillary.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 09:53:25 AM »
I checked out Huckabee's web site and I like his statement on the 2nd amendment.

My problem with Huckabee is his "I don't believe in evolution" handraising at an early debate. I would have a VERY difficult time voting for a creasionist since I have long been leary of the religious right in this country (I think they want to institute a theocracy).

His creasionist views and his being a Southern Baptist minister may well help him in much of the south. In the rest of the country he may well be percieved by the public at large as an ignorant backwoods boob, driving independants and moderates to vote for Hillary.

I don't even know how to begin to address these comments. Here goes.

First, you are welcome to your opinions. Be aware, though, it is opinions like these that help the liberals in marginalizing us. I have said before on this very Forum that 2008 - for shooters at least - must be a one issue election. To help out, that issue is the Second Amendment. Period. Nothing else matters. We must elect a gun rights person, or we will not be able to recover from the Hillaries for decades, if at all.

Secondly, your opinions are similar to those who stood against JFK (I was too young to vote but was a Goldwater kid from head to toe) simply because as a Catholic he would sell this country out to the Vatican. Personally, as a Southern Baptist in ND, he plays well here too, and no theocracy is in the works.

So vote your rights, your 2A Rights. If you don't, and the Hillaries win, you will find too late that nothing else really matters.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

powderfinger

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 05:16:26 PM »

I just don’t see that happening nor do I believe that any true conservative candidate wants to institute a theocratic government. The idea of conservatism is based on freedom of the people. The freedom to worship whomever you please is your choice, the freedom not to is also your choice. I have to laugh when people say they fear the “religious right”. Are you afraid that someone might talk to you about their god? Every Christian religion’s purpose is to spread their gospel, whatever it may happen to be. Just tell them to get lost if you’re uncomfortable with it. I was raised in a Christian family but I’m not particularly religious; however these are not the people I fear in government. It’s the ones who want to limit my freedom, the same people that want to regulate how much water I can flush down my toilet at one time, what vehicle I can drive, if I can have trans fats in my food, where, if and when I’m allowed to smoke, those who want me to rely on them for health care and the people who will treat my rights like privileges they can legislate away and deny my right to self defense, tell me how many rounds I can have in a magazine and what firearms I can keep in my own home. These are the people I fear in government.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk