Author Topic: CNN report on Fred  (Read 9476 times)

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: CNN report on Fred
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 05:25:37 PM »
I'm with You Don, He seems to be the best Man for the job.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

jpr9954

• Active Forum Member
    • No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 06:53:10 PM »
Fred will have my vote untill he wins the Presidency or is no longer in the race. End of story.

I'm with you, Don. I see Huckabee as good on guns but, as to the rest, sort of a semi-conservative Republican Jimmy Carter as opposed to the next Ronald Reagan.

John
So-called gun-free zones are nothing but hunting preserves for psychopaths that hunt humans. -- Massad Ayoob

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com

Co-host of The Polite Society Podcast

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 07:36:04 PM »
Fred will have my vote untill he wins the Presidency or is no longer in the race. End of story.

I too have cast ballots in the past on principle knowing full well my candidate was going to lose (or had already lost). Living in Ky as I do, which has a May primary, the nomination is always over before I get to vote.

We are now less than a month from the first ballots being cast. Each passing day is making it less likely Fred will win any primary.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 09:47:24 PM »
Clayft, I don't think the nation is going to hang on the nominations of 5 states, not to mention, some of these states have been penalized for too early primaries. see>

On May 21, 2007, Florida Governor Charlie Crist (R) signed a bill, in conflict of Republican National Committee rules, to bring the date of his state's primary forward to January 29, 2008.[18] Following this, Republicans in South Carolina, where parties organize their own primaries and traditionally the first Southern state to hold a primary, scheduled their primary for January 19, 2008.[19] On August 23, 2007, Michigan's state senate voted to bring the date of Michigan's primary forward to January 15, 2008.[20] One week later, Republicans in Wyoming scheduled their county conventions, at which almost half their delegates are selected, for January 5.[21] State law requires the New Hampshire primary to be held at least seven days before any similar contest, which could have seen the primary taking place in late December or early January.

Under Republican National Committee rules, no state may hold their primaries before February 5, 2008. According to RNC chairman Mike Duncan, the Republican delegations from all five states may be halved as punishment for holding their primaries before February 5 - though states only holding caucuses (Iowa and Nevada) would escape punishment. While Republicans in other states have indicated their willingness to accept a delegate cut in exchange for influence in the primary process, South Carolina Republian chairman Katon Dawson has threatened legal action.[22]

On November 8, the Republican National Committee, with the concurrence of chairman Mike Duncan, voted 121-9 to strip five States of one-half of their apportioned delegates. The States and delegate loss (pending any future court reversals) are: Florida (57), Michigan (30), South Carolina (23), Wyoming (14), and New Hampshire (12).[23]

The rest of us have our primaries on super tuesday.

But what you have brought up, that I would usually wait to say is what can happen at your own local election. This is very important and I will bring it up again before the big primaries, those of you who have more intimate knowledge of your own jurisdictions chime in.

Here in TEXAS,  at the presedential primary election, after the election has been held, there will be a meeting of your affiliation, republican or otherwise, ATTEND THIS MEETING. This is where you get to have your own personal say in matters, in my area, there may only be 5 -10 people. 2 of which will probably be former delegates. As a voter in the primary, you can attend  the meeting. Then present and vote on the issues you want the party to put on the platform. It is usually a lot smaller group of people than you think, and don't be scared, bring up gun rights, the 2nd amendment and anything else you believe in, you will never have more personal say in anything than in that room. After the discussion and vote on the issues, delegates will be picked to go to the county wide version of the same thing, and they will vote again on the platform issues, and more delegates, then to state etc... in the end, these are possibly the people who will attend the convention and actually vote for the candidates. Much better odds a 1/10 or even 1/50 if you attend the meeting. I have always been surprised at how many people at these kinds of meetings think alike, but on the other hand, it takes a lot of commitment to  a) vote, b) attend the meeting and present your thoughts, c) follow up afterwards by attending sign building parties, and fundraisers. You don't have to donate a lot of money, help to convince the people who are able to donate, just be involved, give some sweat equity to your candidate, man a phone bank etc...

This is almost a secret society, due to ignorance and lack of education on the process of politics.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk