Author Topic: Is Fred a dud? Fourth in Iowa  (Read 6585 times)

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Is Fred a dud? Fourth in Iowa
« on: October 30, 2007, 08:24:57 AM »
http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1677221,00.html?cnn=yes

With two months to go the best Fred can do is 4th place in the Iowa polls?

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
Re: Is Fred a dud? Fourth in Iowa
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 09:24:32 AM »

With two months to go the best Fred can do is 4th place in the Iowa polls?

Why do you care about polls? I will back Fred until he wins or drops out.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 03:51:06 PM »
Y'all can vote for whomever you wish but if Fred is not the nominee then I will be an undercount in the Presidential race.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 08:30:26 AM »
Why do you care about polls? I will back Fred until he wins or drops out.

Because polls are useful to indicate trends. And the trend with Fred is he is flatlined....no movement up in the national polls at all. And in Ia, NH, and SC he isn't even in the running. Fred has two months to turn things around and that's not much time. Altho Fred is my pick too I am not so star struck by him that I am willing to overlook the fact he is running a lousy campaign. Can he turn things around? I don't know. Probably not.

As an example Don, next Tuesday my home state will be throwing our current Gov out of office. He is a major incompetent and a dud. I suppose some of his supporters are hoping for an upset on election day. Those with their feet firmly on the ground know he's a goner.

So, supporters hoping Fred wins isn't going to change the political reality that he is running a lousy campaign and seems to be going down the tubes. Fred has very little time left to change and make headway but so far we've soon no proof that he is capable of doing so.

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »
Fred has very little time left to change and make headway but so far we've soon no proof that he is capable of doing so.

I don't understand the purpose of your post(s). If Fred is on the ballot when it comes time to vote,  I will vote for Fred. Will you?
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:17:15 PM »

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 09:34:36 AM »
I live in Ky which has its primary in May which means the nomination is over before I ever get to vote. The best way for me to support him is to send him a check. So far, I don't feel I've gotten my money's worth.

The point of my posts is so many in the gun world thought Fred was THE MAN. He's proving to be a dud and at the rate is is going he won't be the nominee.

If Fred is not the nominee we gun owners had better do some serious soul searching. Do we stay home like MB plans to do or we go vote the down ticket races and boycott the prez race or do we vote for a 3rd party candidate? Or do we switch our loyalty to Huckabee? Or if McCain is the nominee do we say an 80% friend is better than a 100% enemy?

There are two months left to go. Maybe Fred can turn it around but he can't do so if he continues as he has been. If he loses Ia, NH, and SC it's probably all over for him.

Reality is sometimes a hurtful thing but its best to meet it head on.

Boulderlaw

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 10:03:41 AM »
I think it is clear that Thompson has lost much of his mass appeal since entering the race. His philosophy, however, remains unchanged. So where does that leave us? With a philosophically aligned but unelectable candidate whose electability seems to diminish every time he takes the stage.

Sounds a lot like Ron Paul, with one exception: Paul's electoral support is improving, not falling. His electability depends not on whether he can turn his campaign around (as Thompson must do) but rather on whether he can translate rising support into votes.

We'll see how Iowa and New Hampshire shake out. But if the shine continues to fade on Thompson I may shift my support to the more electable of the two candidates that I agree with on most issues - including the Second Amendment.

GSQRD

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 01:41:41 PM »
Fred is a "shoe-in" as V.P. candidate for Gingrich!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk