Author Topic: FWIW, Dick Morris on Huckabee  (Read 18000 times)

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: FWIW, Dick Morris on Huckabee
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2007, 12:23:47 PM »
I'll be brief..( yea I know.. you all think that is impossible..  :P )
But.......... I keep hearing over and over..
"Voters  wonder whether this former governor (Huckabee) who has never served in Washington has the credentials to be a wartime president."
 Helloooooo??! 
What about stupid Obama? He has zip..zero.. nothing in that dept.
(Buuuttt I guess the democrats don't care or stop to think on any of those "small" issues..
(meeeoowwww..hiss spit hissssss)   ;D
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 12:31:16 PM »
I'll be brief..( yea I know.. you all think that is impossible..  :P )
But.......... I keep hearing over and over..
"Voters  wonder whether this former governor (Huckabee) who has never served in Washington has the credentials to be a wartime president."
 Helloooooo??! 
What about stupid Obama? He has zip..zero.. nothing in that dept.
(Buuuttt I guess the democrats don't care or stop to think on any of those "small" issues..
(meeeoowwww..hiss spit hissssss)   ;D
I sometimes wonder whatever happened to this country before we had professional politicians- when government was full of regular folks serving their neighbors.
Oh yea, I forgot. It evolved into the greatest, strongest, richest nation on earth.

Oh
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 07:35:35 AM »
MB has stated publicly on his blog that if Fred ain't the nominee he is boycotting the '08 election.

Well, if the Huckster is the nominee I will either not vote for prez or I'll vote a 3rd party as a protest. I have lived all my life in the bible belt and I will not vote for a fundamentalist everything is litterally true in the bible and we ignore science baptist for prez. I am afraid the Huckster will not only push creationism/ID for public schools but he will also attempt to interfere with science funding and research into any area that contradicts his religious belief. Also, I agree that abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare" and I am afraid the Huckster would stir the abortion debate into a froth. The abortion issue is really decided by the courts but by stirring it up moderates and independants would be pissed.

In a national campaign it would not take much effort for the dems to portray the Huckster as an ignorant backwoods boob religious fanatic. (By stating that Jonah really did live in the belly of the big fish or stating that all the earths animals really did fit on the ark plus his anti evolution stance.) While the bible belt may be enthused about such a cadidate it would turn off the rest of the country and the Huckster would go down in smoking flames.

hodman

• Very Active Forum Member
  • I just need faster reloads with my wallet
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 09:28:34 AM »
MB has stated publicly on his blog that if Fred ain't the nominee he is boycotting the '08 election.

Well, if the Huckster is the nominee I will either not vote for prez or I'll vote a 3rd party as a protest. I have lived all my life in the bible belt and I will not vote for a fundamentalist everything is litterally true in the bible and we ignore science baptist for prez. I am afraid the Huckster will not only push creationism/ID for public schools but he will also attempt to interfere with science funding and research into any area that contradicts his religious belief. Also, I agree that abortion should be "safe, legal, and rare" and I am afraid the Huckster would stir the abortion debate into a froth. The abortion issue is really decided by the courts but by stirring it up moderates and independants would be pissed.

In a national campaign it would not take much effort for the dems to portray the Huckster as an ignorant backwoods boob religious fanatic. (By stating that Jonah really did live in the belly of the big fish or stating that all the earths animals really did fit on the ark plus his anti evolution stance.) While the bible belt may be enthused about such a cadidate it would turn off the rest of the country and the Huckster would go down in smoking flames.

Mike is correct on the gun issue. I vote this issue first.

Jon
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

jamaro

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 12:06:57 PM »
isn't it sad.. I am 35 and I can honestly say i have never voted for a candidate... I always vote for the lessor of the to evils..

j-
www.thenewmexicosportsman.com
Visit My website... I update it weekly...

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:39:25 AM »

hodman

• Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 02:11:34 PM »
isn't it sad.. I am 35 and I can honestly say i have never voted for a candidate... I always vote for the lessor of the to evils..

j-

I voted for Ronald Reagan twice! After that I have voted the same as you.

Jon
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 03:58:31 PM »
I think to not vote is suicide ...
I still really really really want Fred Thompson to be the nominee, but if he isn't.........?
Well, I'm damned sure not going to cut my nose off to spite my face and waste a vote on a 3rd party or worse yet.. not vote at all!
 My god..! Think about it. Put the pencil to the paper and see how many issues are worth losing  the Presidency to a Democrat!

This is one hell of an important election year for gun owners!  We have got to band together and vote the issue..and that issue is  our second amendment rights.. We have a hell of lot better chance of keeping it with a Republican in there than the Democrat that will jerk everything we have out from underneath us.

To NOT vote makes a Democrats vote for Hit-lery or Obama talley good... and to vote 3rd party isn't going to go anywhere, cause there won't be enough to win it.. only take away from the Republican that is on the board.
Yeah, Yeah Yeah~ you make your point by showing the world that you didn't like the 2 main candidates that were the Rep/Dem choices.
 But at what cost?
 There is being bull headed when it's a good thing.. and then there's being bullheaded when it will turn around and bite you in the ass.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

hodman

• Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 04:09:02 PM »
I always vote I was just saying the I dont get to vote For someone as much as who will not be as bad.

Jon
Robert A. Heinlein

ismram

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 04:53:21 PM »
I think to not vote is suicide ...
I still really really really want Fred Thompson to be the nominee, but if he isn't.........?
Well, I'm damned sure not going to cut my nose off to spite my face and waste a vote on a 3rd party or worse yet.. not vote at all!
 My god..! Think about it. Put the pencil to the paper and see how many issues are worth losing  the Presidency to a Democrat!

This is one hell of an important election year for gun owners!  We have got to band together and vote the issue..and that issue is  our second amendment rights.. We have a hell of lot better chance of keeping it with a Republican in there than the Democrat that will jerk everything we have out from underneath us.

To NOT vote makes a Democrats vote for Hit-lery or Obama talley good... and to vote 3rd party isn't going to go anywhere, cause there won't be enough to win it.. only take away from the Republican that is on the board.
Yeah, Yeah Yeah~ you make your point by showing the world that you didn't like the 2 main candidates that were the Rep/Dem choices.
 But at what cost?
 There is being bull headed when it's a good thing.. and then there's being bullheaded when it will turn around and bite you in the ass.

You hit it right on the head sister!!! You may not get to vote for the person that you really want, but (MY GOD!! VOTE FOR THE REPUBLICAN THAT IS ON THE BALLOT!!!!!!!) The alternative is VERY-VERY BAD!!!!
IDPA, NRA (IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR MILITARY PLEASE STAND IF FRONT OF THEM!!!)

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2007, 09:37:51 PM »
Marshall'ette,

Did you give that speech to MB after he posted on his blog he was gonna boycott the '08 election if Fred wasn't the nominee?

:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk