Author Topic: Alf and Our Furry Friends  (Read 1474 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Alf and Our Furry Friends
« on: April 14, 2014, 06:42:38 AM »
Having read MB's tribute to Alf and revisiting the feelings attached to same, I thought it was time for a "Furry Friends" thread (Yes, ANOTHER one).

So I celebrate the center of Maggie's and my lives right now, our two Jindos Rusty and Cassie. Rusty is a regal male, 72 lbs, thoughful, judicious, loves people he knows, and very dangerous if need be, who believes that he and his people are the center of the universe. Cassie literally came from a Korean junkyard in Atlanta, and will take on a 6'-7" UPS man or a Rotty if need be. She's 40 lbs of energy, hijinks, and high speed chases. They are very sweet, very strong, very smart, and not at all for new dog parents. But with love and training they are fantastic, and they keep us going. Maggie walks for her health and she can go out and walk without me with confidence. These guys are  her well regulated posse. And we love them.

If you know your way around dog training we highly recommend this breed if you can find them. We stumbled on them by accident and are totally taken with them. VERY high prey drive - leashes are a must, and you have to train them down some off of their protective tendencies. But when that is done they are very sweet and quite sociable. (Once they get to know you).

"How about a little wrestling dad"?

I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Re: Alf and Our Furry Friends
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 02:07:48 PM »
What?  No one else?
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 03:32:05 PM »
No plans to replace my recently deceased buddy...  Too much grief!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:08:37 PM »
I feel the same way Timothy. I don't want to go through that again. I don't feel alone anymore but it took a few years to recover. The only picture on my desk is my dog looking right at me and I can finally look at it without tearing up.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »
I have a 'grand-dog'.......does that count?
He stays overnight with grand-ma and me from time to time......even sleeps on the foot of the bed.

I love dogs.........but, like Tim and Jumbo, I guess I just lost one too many in my younger years........ enough to stay away from having another.

Attached is a photo of PeeRow......... I jus' calls him Pete.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:39:00 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 10:37:23 PM »
As you will note by the date stamp, this photo was five and a half years ago.  My girlfriend is eleven tomorrow.

Doggie paradise:  Both in the pickup and on my lap

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 01:47:30 PM »
My Keely, passed away last September at just 6 years old, from cardio myopathy, which is common to Boxers.

Our other dog, 46 lbs of Pit/Boxer mix which we could never have out with Keely after they started fighting (we could have worked with them but there was resistance from the wife-her nerves couldn't take the stress). The brat, hyper, playful and daddy's little puppy, Roxy:
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk