Author Topic: New Carry Piece ??  (Read 9012 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Carry Piece ??
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2007, 05:38:31 AM »
Thanks all.  I've pretty much decided on the .44. 

MB,

As you say I don't expect to print 2" groups at 25 yards, then again if I ever have to use it I'd bet it would be under 21 feet.

All I expect is for it to go BANG and put a hole it 12" x 18" area.  .44 makes a bigger hole and I'm pretty much a believer in 'large and slow'.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Obiwan

• Forum Member
  • "Jihad This!"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 03:36:36 PM »
A SP101 in .44 Special............... hmmmmmmmmmmmm.  That is how long it took me to think "I'd buy one"!   ;D

I just happened to think ................  Are there any 'Smiths out there that would do a .357 to .44 conversion?
Unless it's life or death related, it's all BullShit!

Former USMC
Retired federal LEO

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2007, 09:02:39 PM »
nothing like Detonics combatmaster.  I have an early 80's model and its still in greatshape.  They were the inovators of many of todays sub-compact semi autos.  They are producing again but a little pricey for me. 
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Crescendo

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 09:49:08 AM »
A SP101 in .44 Special............... hmmmmmmmmmmmm.  That is how long it took me to think "I'd buy one"!   ;D 

+1  I'm in for one !!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 08:13:52 PM »
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:37:45 AM »

2Late45

• Forum Member
  • Retired Vet. NRA Life member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 11:04:10 AM »

Yeah it's heafty, but what's the trade-off in machined metal removal versus the extra 425grs of lead with five 210gr softpoints if the little Piggy were to be punched out to .44spcl. ???    This one prints point of aim with "warm" 125jhp hand-loads.

But I've got a warm fuzzy feeling for a .44 snubby also......                :D

For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known....

Buckfever4Life

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 10:52:07 AM »
Nice piece...after watching Shooting gallery the other day about snubbie guns, it makes me want to put the Glock 36 and the CDP PRO II on the shelf and grab a pocket snubbie.

Combatvet

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 02:00:33 PM »
Is this Jim for Baton Rouge even a member here? I haven't seen him post showing the spoils of his ill gotten gain.

I cry foul and feel like this contest was an elaborate hoax to up the membership here. I wouldn't doubt it if Jim is one of your friends.

This contest was clearly misrepresented. I'd even go as far to say that you were accepting entries at the convention and could have cared less about whether or not the entrants actually visited this site.

The people that came here and registered for this giveaway should have the only one's considered for the drawing.

You whored yourself out to the masses when you allowed every Tom, Dick, and Harry to register from elsewhere. I watched the video like the other 600 or so entrants. 8000, how the hell can you say this contest was for "Downrange Television" members?

This is a sham and a complete misrepresentation of what a Giveaway is about. This was meant to bring attention to the site, well you got it. Now everyone knows what a complete hoax this really is.

I hope you have the intestinal fortitude to leave this up. You bet your hairy asses this is a case of sour grapes, I knowingly entered a contest that I had zero chance of winning. But I entered thinking I was on a level playing field. I was among my fellow gun nuts, helping a new site get off the ground. I expected honesty and integrity. I got neither. Good luck Jim! If you even exist. I think if he does exist he's a friend or family and is in on the con.

You can lock my account as I'll never come back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk