Author Topic: S&W 1911 problems solved......happy days  (Read 3102 times)

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
S&W 1911 problems solved......happy days
« on: May 09, 2007, 04:40:22 PM »
This is a FYI post yall. Last week i got my S&W Sc 4.25" back from the factory with a full report on work and testing completed. Now to say my confindence w/ gun was back would be a fib. I mean a less than 3 weeks out of my hands turn a round time, the first of those waiting for my local shop's mail-guy to pack-it-up to ship, didnt fit the standard "gunsmith timeframe".  I know S&W is big and all but still a short hair over 2 weeks man! ???
I thought i was getting the blow-off "probably  limpwrist" sorta thing which all the selfproclaimed "EXPERTS" always come up with from the big guys. By-the-by the Xperts usualy have the worst "rubbawrist" in the time zone. Well let me tell ya, boy o boy was i wrong. S&Wservice shop did their job man !!! After recieving the gun the first thing i did was pickup a case of the shop's bowling pin loads(230gr.@840fps w/5" gun) and 4 box@25rds/box of Rem.+P 185gr. and headed off to the range to see what the gun's fail rate was. Now let me tell ya i did all the preclean and lube at the shop along with a boresnake to remove any shipping junk. Now skip to the range. I spent about 15-20 minutes loading mags. I had 10/10rd chip mccormick mags along with 4 factory ACTmags, 2 Novak, 2 Wilson mags and a 3-8rd chip mccormicks. Needless to say there was no way the "limpwrist" pro was going to hit me with "well it has to be mags then!!!!".............a few hours later and a carpet-o-brass all but one box of +P's were gone.
THE RESULTS
 wait for it..............
Not a SINGLE JAM
NONE
NADA............
:o :o :o
I ripped 1075rds. through the gun with only a few breaks for target change/reset, mag reloads, drinks of water, wipping hands of sweat and general fatigue pauses. The last 25rds box was loaded into the carry mags and needless to say I am very VERY HAPPY! ;D
Thank you again MB for the suggestion to send back to factory. Even my gunsmith is baffled at how fast they first found then fixed problem. He is still a little bitter i didnt let him take a crack at it. OH WELL MAN was my quick awnser to his pout lip.

"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: S&W 1911 problems solved......happy days
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:41:11 PM »
Howdy Tex, Glad S&W came through for you, now go out and enjoy !! I'm a big fan of S&W company, not always their products, however they been traded around so much, you don't know who to blame. The newest owners seem to be making some big changes. I'm a died in the wool S&W revolver fan. Double action, none better IMHO.

" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
Re: S&W 1911 problems solved......happy days
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 08:54:46 PM »
Thanks m25, and I am enjoying very much now. The S&W company has set the "bar" IMHO man. There is a local pin match this weekend and you can bet some $ on a sure thing....the Sc1911 will be shot during match. As for the S&W double action trigger system i absolutely love my 629PP and can tell ya that sucker has see some heavy use and loads never have any problems w/it and it has become my binky in away..... as wierd as that may sound it is nice knowing the reliability factor is 99.9% and as long as i pull the trigger correctly the pin is going GOING GONE!!!! ;D
By-the-by the 642 is the best summer gun I own and would luv a 44spl. in the same frame but i think that is a very long shot.
Good shooting
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk