Author Topic: Dang it....  (Read 7145 times)

WymoreWrangler

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dang it....
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:20:34 PM »
Went up to Lincoln today for a doctor's appointment, I just got my CCW permit in the mail Monday, took the state seven weeks to process it, so I stopped by Scheels Sporting Goods to get a "hot" weather vest, left the store, pulled out my SOG pentagon elite folding knife, cut of the tags of the vest, put the knife back in my front pocket, and a couple of hours later figured out the knife wasn't in my pocket, I hate loosing 70 dollar knifes...... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Dang it....
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 11:06:27 PM »
Yes, that is not a good thing.  I never lost one that cost that much, but I did lose a good ole Shrade knife one time. 
Life Member of the NRA

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »
I know how it is. I lost a $40 Ontario SPEC PLUS folder a couple weeks ago. (Not the same, but I only have one knife that cost more than that, an $85 Stag handled Western Bowie knife, and It was a Christmas Gift.) I hope I lost it in my house and not at church..... I always lose the ones I like the most... Hope you find it again, man. Good Luck.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

ncrguy

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 09:51:53 PM »
A funny story... A few years ago I was carrying a knife with a pocket clip in my front pants pocket. I was out back sitting in a lawn chair and had to leave to go to the store. When I got home I needed my knife and it was gone. I felt sick about it falling out in the parking lot and possibly being put to bad use. I went out back and saw that my knife was attached to the chair! It clipped itself to the chair leg when I got up. This would not have happened with a tubular leg chair, this was one of the plastic molded models. Too bad about losing your knife. I kinda know how you feel.

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 10:13:16 PM »
I got a similar story about my Gerber Applegate Mini covert. I keep it clipped on my front pocket. Just before church on a sunday night, I was asked to help carry a big piece of cardboard for a puppet stage background. Well Later that night I reached for the knife and it wasnt there. I told the church's bus director to keep an eye out for it (I had had the knife 2 weeks or a month whenthis happened.) because I thought maybe it had fallen out of my pocket on the church bus, and he told me the next week that he found it clipped onto that piece of cardpboard.

By The Way, a friend and neighbor of mine found my SPEC PLUS folder in the field behind my house! Appearantly I dropped it back there while training my dog back there.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:34:52 PM »

WymoreWrangler

• Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 10:19:42 PM »
A similiar thing happened years ago when I was hunting near South Mills, North Carolina but with an electronic dog collar, a friend's dog became lost and when we found it, the tri-tronics collars was gone.  Six weeks later, while hunting with another friend in that area, I told him Dave had lost his tri-tronics collar in this area, Spencer walked about two more steps and said do you mean this one..... :o

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 12:07:25 PM »
The Tri-Tronics ones are one of the more expensive brands, aren't they?

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 01:23:21 PM »
Wait wait...I have a stupid electronic dog collar story...

I had just gotten a chow puppy several years back when a person I shot with stops by the house. He looks at the puppy and says, "You ought to get him an electronic dog collar."

Why, I asked?

"Think of it this way...you dog runs out in the street and gets run over. What do you have? A dead dog, right? But if he's wearing an electronic collar and gets run over, you've still got the collar."

Based on that logic, I said, I ought to get the dog a Ferrari. At least if he gets run over, I still have the car.

"I don't get it," he replied.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

WymoreWrangler

• Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 05:16:36 AM »
The Tri-Tronics ones are one of the more expensive brands, aren't they?

Yep, Tri-tronics are expensive, but they have excellent quality and their customer service for me has been fantasitic...

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 03:49:24 PM »
That's what I hear. Supposed to be a really good brand. I personally don't have a use for one right now, but maybe with my next dog. With Bosco, my dog, they don't work because the fur on his neck is too thick. He doesn't really need one for the most part anyway. It would help to sharpen his obedience up some. But it's not a necessity.  Pinch collar works fine for him.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk