Author Topic: I'm Tempted, What Do You Think ??  (Read 2573 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: I'm Tempted, What Do You Think ??
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 12:53:08 PM »
This morning I was up bright and early. I started by raking all the gravel back from around the stump. And dug out around the circumference, so I could cut it off as low as I could. I made 3 cuts total, and I couldn't believe how easy that thing cut through it. It was unbelievable how light the wood was. It was so dry there were no chips or sawdust. Just a brown, nutmeg colored powder.

All the cutting didn't take but 10 minutes tops. I think the wood gave up most of it's moisture, which is why it was so light. I just tossed all 3 pieces into the trash bin, and they'll go out Thursday morning with everything else. The cleanup, and putting everything away took far longer. But it really looks good.

After I cut it off flush, I made a bunch of plunging cuts into the face of what was left. They say that allows moisture and soil to get into what's left of the stump, and it helps it decompose. After I raked back all the dirt and gravel, I washed everything down real good, and you could never tell it was ever there.

For $160.00 the saw performed well. I blew it off real good with compressed air when I was done, and wiped all the plastic down with some Silicone. And it looks like it just came out of the box. All's well that ends well. Now I'm done for the day!   

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 01:33:10 PM »
If you are going to store it for a long time fill up the take and add some fuel stabilizer.

That and give all the metal a coat of light weight oil.  I know its very dry there, but it sucks having rust issues
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2021, 04:14:22 PM »
If you are going to store it for a long time fill up the take and add some fuel stabilizer.

That and give all the metal a coat of light weight oil.  I know its very dry there, but it sucks having rust issues

+1

Some folks store one of two ways: either drain all the fuel and run it 'til it quits or do Like TAB said and add Sta-Bil and leave fuel in it.

I prefer leaving the stabilized fuel in it to help prevent premature breakdown of the fuel line. I've seen dry-stored 2-stroke items have the fuel lines and primer bulbs dry rot.

If you leave the fuel in it and add the Sta-bil, then I also have two pieces of advice from past experience. Fill the tank fully to prevent moisture from condensation (it will happen) and after adding the stabilizer, crank it and run it a few minutes to get the stabilized fuel in the carb mechanism so it won't gum-up and stick (have seen that happen before too).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2021, 04:15:45 PM »

I always add either Sta-Bil or PRI-G when I mix up 2-Stroke mix. I think the engines run smoother with it. I get 93 Octane non Ethanol Marine fuel at a place here by the lake. It's what a lot of the race boats run... Or else AvGas. It's good for the diaphragm carburetors that the 2-Stroke chainsaws all have. Ethanol tears them up.

I also usually try to run them for about 10 minutes or so at least every month. I think it helps to keep fuel moving through the carburetors on a regular basis. Less chance for anything to gum up. 

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2021, 04:48:03 PM »
I always add either Sta-Bil or PRI-G when I mix up 2-Stroke mix. I think the engines run smoother with it. I get 93 Octane non Ethanol Marine fuel at a place here by the lake. It's what a lot of the race boats run... Or else AvGas. It's good for the diaphragm carburetors that the 2-Stroke chainsaws all have. Ethanol tears them up.

I also usually try to run them for about 10 minutes or so at least every month. I think it helps to keep fuel moving through the carburetors on a regular basis. Less chance for anything to gum up.

I got a couple of cans of dirty gas last year at the place where I used to get my non-ethanol. I figure the truck had just left after filling his tanks and had a bunch of crap stirred up that his filters didn't catch. I ended up having to drain, remove and clean tanks on two mowers.

I add Sta-Bil to every jug when I fill them and at the beginning of every season I run the first two tanks with some Berryman's fuel treatment and once during mowing season.

Ethanol gas will also eat up rubber fuel lines over a period of time. They break down from the inside out and you start getting particles in the fuel pump and carb.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:28:25 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2021, 05:30:03 PM »
I hate ethanol  gas. It eats not only rubber but most composites.   ( think fiberglass tanks  in boats)  if you can not get non ethanol gas at the pump, you can some times get mogas.  Which is 93 octane no ethanol  for light aircraft at your local small air port.  Its not the cheapest, but it does not degrade as fast as regular gas
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2021, 05:36:33 PM »
They sell 93 octane ethanol free gas at most home centers and hardware for 8-10 a quart and even pre-mix for 2 strokes in a couple of mixes.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk