Author Topic: Proper Identification By Patrick Sweeney  (Read 3095 times)

JohnJacobH

• Top Forum Member
    • JohnJacobH's RKBA Commentary
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Proper Identification By Patrick Sweeney
« on: May 19, 2007, 10:08:20 PM »
Greetings All!
     Newbie post here.

Mr. Sweeny might appreciate this comment judging from the viewpoint he expressed in his article in News and Articles.

Sounds almost Libertarian in today's political environment.

Best regards to all,

(Proper Identification By Patrick Sweeney Apr 4, 2007 - 10:43:06 AM
Who'd get my vote? The first person who says "When I decide on a matter, my first question is 'Is it Constitutional?' The second question is 'Does it work for all of us,)

The Goldwater Doctrine:

"I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom.

My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution, or that have failed in their purpose, or that impose on the people an unwarranted financial burden.

I will not attempt to discover whether legislation is 'needed' before I have first determined whether it is constitutionally permissible.

And if I should later be attacked for neglecting my constituents' interests, I shall reply that I was informed their main interest is liberty and that in that cause I am doing the very best I can."

- Former Sen. Barry Goldwater (R-Ariz.), "The Conscience of a Conservative"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk