Author Topic: NEF/H&R handi rifles - info needed  (Read 6640 times)

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
NEF/H&R handi rifles - info needed
« on: September 14, 2011, 08:57:56 PM »
Tell me what you know about barrel interchangeabiity, i.e if a fella was to buy say a 20ga, or a .243 , or even a .22lr and want to fit an aftermarket .44mag barrel.......is that a problem?

MP 
Best Wishes, Mike.

david86440

Re: NEF/H&R handi rifles - info needed
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 09:17:50 PM »
I would start here. It may answer some or most of your questions.

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.asp

Barrel Accessory Program
If you have any questions about the barrel accessory program or need to obtain the age of your firearm, or availability please have your firearm serial number ready and please call 1-866-776-9292 prior to shipping your firearm. Prices and barrel selection subject to change without notice.

Important Information Please Review before continuing

Additional barrels may be added to firearms of our manufacture since 1987 only, with a serial number that begins with N, H or CB. We do not install additional barrels on any other manufacturer’s firearms.
Additional barrels will be fitted to the proper frame if the frame passes a detailed inspection. This inspection is performed by the repairman at the time the frame is received.
Rifle barrels may be added to firearms manufactured since 1999 and only to frames (SB-2) that originated as a rifle, if frame passes inspection.
Rifle frames (SB-2) newer than 1999 may be fitted with additional rifle, shotgun, and muzzleloader barrels, if frame passes inspection.
 All shotgun frames (SB-1) and rifle frames (SB-2) produced between 1987 and 1999 may be fitted with additional shotgun and muzzleloader barrels only, if frame passes inspection.
Muzzleloader frames can only be re-fitted with muzzleloader barrels only.
Rimfire frames (SS-1) can only be fitted with rimfire calibers.
10 gauge shotguns and the 12 gauge Ultra Slug Hunter with the heavy rifled barrel can only be fitted with other 10 gauge or 12 gauge Ultra Slug Hunter barrels only.
We do not sell additional barrels outright. All barrels must be factory fitted.
We do not sell barrel blanks or do custom calibers/barrel lengths/finishes/sights.
Additional barrels are available as additional barrels only. We will not exchange barrels for existing barrels on shotguns and rifles, as it will change the model.
In order to obtain an additional barrel(s), the stock, forend and frame (receiver) must be sent to us so that they may be properly hand-fitted to the barrel, to be sure they are correctly head-spaced and proof-tested.
Hammer Spurs are Sold Separately from Barrel

To obtain an additional barrel(s), please take the following steps:
Open the firearm by pressing the release lever, and be sure the chamber is empty.

Remove the forend screw and forend.

With firearm fully open, lift the barrel off the hinge.

Carefully package the stock, forend and frame (receiver) for shipping. (DO NOT SHIP YOUR EXISTING BARREL.) Send by U.S. Mail or U.P.S. insured to the following address (DO NOT MARK THE NATURE OF THE CONTENTS ON THE OUTSIDE OF SHIPPING CARTON):

H&R 1871, LLC
ATTN: Barrel Accessory Offer
14 Hoefler Ave
Ilion, NY 13357

Enclose with your parts, credit card information or check/money order payable to H&R 1871, LLC (no cash accepted) along with the completed order form that you can download below.

Please include the serial number of your firearm, your name, physical address (no P.O. Boxes accepted) and your daytime telephone number.

Keep a record of the serial number of the returned firearm.

All prices are in U.S. funds and are subject to change without notice.

Due to licensing requirements, this offer is only available to U.S. residents.

During periods of high demand, please allow six to eight weeks for delivery of your additional barrels or accessories if the parts are in stock. Installation time may vary depending upon service demands.  Backorder times will vary.

Shotgun Barrels
These barrels will fit most SB-1 and SB-2 frames newer than 1987. Refer to “Important Information” above to see if your firearm frame will qualify. All barrels are blue finish only. All barrels are 3” chamber, smooth-bore and bead sight barrels unless otherwise noted. The choke designation and length will be noted per barrel listing. Any special characteristics will be noted. For screw-in choke models the choke tube is sold separately.

Description

Part Number

Price

12 Ga 22” Mod

F150

$55.00

12 Ga 28” Full

FB010

$55.00

12 Ga 28” Mod

FB011

$55.00

12 Ga 24” Full

FT10

$55.00

12 Ga 32” Full

F932

$75.00

12 Ga 28” Vent-Rib, Screw-in Choke Tube (Sold Separately)

FS03213

$85.00

12 Ga 24” Fully Rifled, Rifled Sights

FB014

$75.00

12 Ga 24” 3 ½” Chamber, Screw-in Choke Tube (Sold Separately)

FT98

$75.00

12 Ga 28” 3 ½” Chamber, Screw-in Choke Tube (Sold Separately)

FG98

$75.00

20 Ga 22” Mod

F250

$55.00

20 Ga 26” Full

FB020

$55.00

20 Ga 26” Mod

FB021

$55.00

20 Ga 28” Vent-Rib, Screw-in Choke (Sold Separately)

FS03344

$85.00

20 Ga 24” Fully-Rifled, Rifle Sights

FB024

$75.00

20 Ga 24” Fully-Rifled, Scope Rail and special forend required for this model included.

F920

$114.00

28 Ga 22” Mod

F888

$55.00

28 Ga 26” Mod

FB028

$55.00

.410 Bore 22” Full

F450

$55.00

.410 Bore 26” Full

FB041

$55.00

.410/45 Colt 20” Mod

F41C

$96.00

Click for an order form

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 09:33:10 PM »
Holy crap! - thanks David, more, better and faster info than I expected - much obliged!

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

david86440

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 09:48:24 PM »
I knew where to look.  ;)

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 11:42:20 PM »
H&R is inexpensive, but it sounds like a lot of BS for what T/C Contender, or Encore will let you do yourself.
If you can pull a lever and push a pin you can have any caliber you want from .17 to 45/70, .410 to 12ga. or .45 or .50 caliber BP.
The only 2 stipulations are you cannot put "Armalloy" barrels in blued or stainless receivers, and only Contender will fire .22LR. ( Tolerance issues with the Armalloy plating, and Encore lacks the rotating firing pin that allows Contender to switch between rim fire and Center fire )

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:16:52 AM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 01:28:24 PM »
H&R is inexpensive, but it sounds like a lot of BS for what T/C Contender, or Encore will let you do yourself.
If you can pull a lever and push a pin you can have any caliber you want from .17 to 45/70, .410 to 12ga. or .45 or .50 caliber BP.
The only 2 stipulations are you cannot put "Armalloy" barrels in blued or stainless receivers, and only Contender will fire .22LR. ( Tolerance issues with the Armalloy plating, and Encore lacks the rotating firing pin that allows Contender to switch between rim fire and Center fire )

didn't they come out with a offset bored barrel too shoot rim fire?  I seem to recall hearing something about that a couple of years back.

Maybe it was just in the "works" or "concept testing". 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 01:36:29 PM »
didn't they come out with a offset bored barrel too shoot rim fire?  I seem to recall hearing something about that a couple of years back.

Maybe it was just in the "works" or "concept testing".  

It could be something they did after I left in '04.
I never saw one while I was there and I handled every size barrel they made at the time.
It would have been a good idea and it would not have been that hard to do, set it low or high in the barrel and there would have been no need to change any other dimensions.
Actually you might be able to get it made by the custom shop if S&W hasn't phased that out.

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »
I've got the youth set for my son. It came with .17hmr / .410 / .243 I've added a 20ga and .22LR barrel and they all interchange relatively easy. We've shot every barrel, at least just to test fire. I actually took it with me on a backpacking trip as my only long gun since it was so compact broken down.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »
I bought one of these when I was 16, 20 guage and 30-30.  I still have it with the shotgun barrel, the 30-30 barrel was left somewhere moist and was pitted pretty bad when I got out of the Army.  I need a .308 ....  ;D
He who dares wins.  SAS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk