Author Topic: 922r question  (Read 3126 times)

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
922r question
« on: June 12, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »
Is there a starting date for 922r?  What I'm asking is if a ak style or model was imported before a certain date does 922r not apply.  If so, does anyone have a reference to this part of the law or a link to that states the date.

The reason I'm asking is that I know of a Polytech AKS available and I need to know if it needs to be 922r compliant.

Thank you. 
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: 922r question
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 01:54:06 AM »
I would go here, its the Saiga forum, the home page for the 7.62x.39 models. They got a couple of good faqs and oknowledgeable folks,
FQ13
My basic understanding is that if it was legally impoted AS an Ak (before 922r) you should be fine. The trouble comes whan you start puting not sporting parts on a sporterized version. Good luck though as this is about the stupidest single gun control law I have ever encountered and thre are a dozen ways to get bitten in the ass.
http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showforum=5

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 04:28:14 AM »
Good luck though as this is about the stupidest single gun control law I have ever encountered and thre are a dozen ways to get bitten in the ass.

No, the stupidest gun laws come from California.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 04:56:02 AM »
No, the stupidest gun laws come from California.
By stupid, I just mean non-sensical (and a perfect illustration of the lack of logic the demonization of "assault weapons"). Basic saiga with a ten round mag, kosher. Same rifle with a thirty rounder, federal felony. Same rifle with a thirty round (US made mag) and 1 US part, like a butt stock, kosher. ::) ::) ::) WTF?
FQ13

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 05:17:49 AM »
I would go here, its the Saiga forum, the home page for the 7.62x.39 models. They got a couple of good faqs and oknowledgeable folks,
FQ13
My basic understanding is that if it was legally impoted AS an Ak (before 922r) you should be fine. The trouble comes whan you start puting not sporting parts on a sporterized version. Good luck though as this is about the stupidest single gun control law I have ever encountered and thre are a dozen ways to get bitten in the ass.
http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showforum=5

Not stupid and not a law. Last one first - it is an administrative rule that carries the weight of law, but it is something the BATFE made up, not Congress.

Stupid - not really, as it was intentional. Do you think we need 20,000 actual gun laws, plus all of the BATFE rules? Nope, they need them. Over 100 years ago Oliver Wendell Holmes is reputed to have said something along the lines of an average citizen cannot go through a day without violating some law. Did Capone go to prison for murder, alcohol manufacturing or trafficking, extortion, assault or any of the other violent things he did? Nope, tax evasion.

The "legal" system has been jerry-rigged to make sure that a prosecutor can incarcerate anyone if the gummint so desires. The more complicated, nonsensical or Byzantine the better, because then you have no idea you are violating the law - but they can still get you.

off to adjust the tin foil hat . . .   8)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:11:20 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk