Author Topic: Ruger PC or AR 9mm carbine?  (Read 6912 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Ruger PC or AR 9mm carbine?
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 08:48:33 PM »
20 will work fine. There is a great, and almost mandatory, hour long Mas Ayoob pod cast answering everything you ever wanted to know about shot gun SD. I forget who posted it, maybe Eric. Anyway, listen to it. The consensus was that for civilian use, 15 yards and under, and not shooting through wind sheilds and the like, there was no real advantage to the 12 over the 20. In fact the reverse was true do to low recoil. Do a search, give it a listen. The maverick is a nice gun for about two bills (though I hate the safety. My solution is not to use it and leave it loaded on an empty chamber with the safety off) and Mossies and 870's in 20 aren't that much more. They also can become a skeet gun with just a barrel change. Fun practice for cheap.
FQ13

FQ, he ALREADY has the 12 Ga. (for which ammo is a little easier to find) and he already has one pistol cal carbine so he can go ahead and have the fun and bragging rights of the AR build, but if it isn't 100% he can fall back on the other carbine.
Also there is reduced recoil ammo option for the 12 ga.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 09:24:36 PM »
FQ, he ALREADY has the 12 Ga. (for which ammo is a little easier to find) and he already has one pistol cal carbine so he can go ahead and have the fun and bragging rights of the AR build, but if it isn't 100% he can fall back on the other carbine.
Also there is reduced recoil ammo option for the 12 ga.
Tom, he was talking about one for the GF. I didn't presume that she had gun borrowing priviledges. (Southern gentleman and all that ;D). Seriousley, Marlin used to make a 9mm and .44 mag carbine a while back, and ruger made a supersized 10/22 in .44 mag that was supposed to have a pretty mellow recoil. I've not shot either, just throwing them out there. I love other people asking "what gun should I buy" questions as it lets us live vicariously. Let's see, $1,000 in my pocket and what shall I do with it......? ;D
FQ13

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 09:38:48 PM »
Tom, he was talking about one for the GF. I didn't presume that she had gun borrowing priviledges. (Southern gentleman and all that ;D). Seriousley, Marlin used to make a 9mm and .44 mag carbine a while back, and ruger made a supersized 10/22 in .44 mag that was supposed to have a pretty mellow recoil. I've not shot either, just throwing them out there. I love other people asking "what gun should I buy" questions as it lets us live vicariously. Let's see, $1,000 in my pocket and what shall I do with it......? ;D
FQ13

Nit to pick. The Marlins were the Camp 9 and Camp 45 they did not take "high cap" magazines but I heard something about a conversion to Glock mags. It was Ruger that made the little Deerslayer 44 Mag Carbine. They have all been discontinued but are available used around $450
 I don't know anyone who used the Marlins but I never heard anything bad about the Rugers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk