Poll

Why is it policemen, firemen and teachers are laid off en masse' when there is a budget shortfall and not social workers?

To fool people and pass a tax, of course.
6 (19.4%)
To be fiscally responsible.
0 (0%)
Because people want police, fire and education and government needs the tax for their social engineering...duh.
5 (16.1%)
To be fiscally responsible, right?
0 (0%)
To scare people into voting for a tax to fund fatcat pockets and exploit workers to buy votes for liberals by government funding of social and make work programs.
20 (64.5%)
Oops, I forgot.  IT IS GEORGE BUSH'S FAULT! ! !
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: LAYOFF POLICEMEN, FIREMEN AND TEACHERS  (Read 13287 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 585
LAYOFF POLICEMEN, FIREMEN AND TEACHERS
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »
Every wonder why police, firemen and teachers are usually the first ones on the chopping block when budget cuts force layoffs?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

LoveMyXds

• cogito ergo boom
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LAYOFF POLICEMEN, FIREMEN AND TEACHERS
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 10:39:23 PM »
You forgot the favorite municipal level budget cut..... Trash Collection....
"Stripping motivated people of their dignity and rubbing their noses in it is a very bad idea."

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 10:42:28 PM »
It is the same reason that BO wanted to cut the military medical but he did not even think of cutting his or the other politicans medical. They believe that since they are in power that everybody but them should suffer, or tighten their belts.
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 10:44:47 PM »
You forgot the favorite municipal level budget cut..... Trash Collection....

Yeah, that and option 6 which I added "IT'S GEORGE BUSH'S FAULT."

You can go back and vote for option 6 if you would like, the poll is not locked.   ;)

I think this was a fairly straightforward and accurate poll....I didn't see any tilt towards any conclusions...did you?   ::)

garand4life

• Top Forum Member
    • My Blog
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 01:42:59 AM »
Steubenville Police layed off 6 officers even while the town descends into the lowest levels of hell. Drug dealers literally run the town. Budget issues my ass. We paid all this money for a now Jail 5 years ago that we can't even afford to use and now were laying off the ony public servants that actually do anything about the crime problem. And this past year they decided to build a new town hall. WTF! Why not hire back the LEOs and increase the police presence. It's all designed so that the politicians have a campaign item to sell.
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
"If you know your enemy is bringing a gun to the fight, bring 2..."
http://www.youtube.com/natetinstman  -
Save $10 on your NRA membership by going to http://garand4life.wordpress.com

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:09:00 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 01:53:50 AM »
 Here in NH the Dems are starting an unpaid furlough program for the court system

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 06:04:58 AM »
I don't know about the rest of the country, but here, LEO, FD and ED  are by far the least effecnet agencys when it comes to using tax dallors smartly.  So if you are going to make cuts, cutting people that throw away money is a place one would start... sadly, what ends up happening is they make cuts to services, not to overhead/adminstration like they should.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 08:10:22 AM »
.............. It's all designed so that the politicians have a campaign item to sell.

I agree with that but I think it's worse than that.  It is my observation that greedy, self-serving politicians sacrifice the public good, break the faith of those willing to sacrifice for the public good, and contribute to chaos by offering up those persons (which everyone rightfully wants to support and see do well) as the nation's most common form of extortion, taxation, to force the "little people" who work to pay for the politician's mostly unfettered vote buying.  

Social programs, mostly a tool consistently misused to garner political support...i.e., buy votes.

Extortion.  Plain and simple.  Please do not misinterpret, I believe that thieves, rapists and murders are vermin to be rounded up but in a national sense the real criminals., the enablers (those people who would misuse their public office for the most common form of extorion in the U.S.) are the politicians.  It is the "real" criminal, the vote buying self-serving politician, that puts the nation most at risk of failure.

I hear a lot of people wanting to sweep out the no good politicians...but their boy is a good ole boy, you know...so we keep these slugs in.  I for one do not believe every person in office should be voted out wholesale for there are good and faithful among us or we would have gone down some time ago...but those who would suggest and purport that laying off police, fireman and teachers in lieu of other cuts makes it obvious that the public's best interest is not in the mind of that person.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 09:36:09 AM »
I truly feel  it is to scare people into giving away more of their Rights.  Any other benefit the government gains form it wiether local or federal is just a bonus.

tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 12:08:18 PM »
It's "Payback" to the voters for refusing the last tax robbery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk