Author Topic: Which Photo Posting Site Do You Use ?  (Read 1206 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Which Photo Posting Site Do You Use ?
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:22:21 AM »
I've been using Image Shack for a few years now, but it's really turning into a royal pain. The site either runs OK, or it doesn't work at all. They keep changing it, and every time they do I wind up having more issues. They used to have 2 formats for viewing. "Classic View", and "Modern View". You could change back and forth. Now, I changed to "Modern View", and I can't change back. I'm fed up with the whole place. They don't (won't), answer E-Mails. Bottom line, the site is junk as far as I'm concerned. Now I'm stuck there because I've got all my pictures there. It's a major job to transfer everything to another site.  Bill T.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
Re: Which Photo Posting Site Do You Use ?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 09:25:15 AM »
I use Photobucket.

http://photobucket.com/
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 09:28:09 AM »
Another vote for PhotoBucket.
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »
Thanks. I'm now in the process of transfering all of my photos. It's going to take a while.  Bill T.

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
I'm on photobucket as well, and I am about the least tech savvy guy on here  ;D

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:48:51 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 11:41:30 AM »
I've already transfered about 40 photos already. Photobucket is much better, faster, and has far better features. Thanks again guys.  Bill T.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 07:41:08 PM »
Bill,

I too use Photobucket but only  for those one-off (or 2 or 3 off) photos I want to share, like on this forum.

I use Google's Picasa site for the bulk of my personal albums.  I have also have family website, that includes unlimited storage.  I tried managing my own photo albums, but it was a pain. So much easier to let Picasa manage them for me and I just link from the web site to the Picasa album.

So what do I do with the unlimited storage at the website?   About once a quarter I do a complete backup of my data and pictures via FTP.  Takes  several hours, but it gives me an emergency off-site storage of everything.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:46:35 PM »
I've transferred over 150 pictures today, and it was effortless. I'm just so used to dealing with all of the problems associated with Image Shack it is really nice to use a site that actually works!  Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk