Author Topic: Where the crimes at  (Read 1316 times)

Badgersmilk

Where the crimes at
« on: May 26, 2011, 12:08:22 PM »
Let just call it.  "Cities with the highest concentration of minorities."  BUT, "New Haven, CT"????  Really?  ???

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/112804/most-dangerous-cities-247

tombogan03884

Re: Where the crimes at
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 01:17:50 PM »
It fits the profile BM. A lot of Blacks, Asian's and Puerto Rican's. Along with Portuguese down from the Fall River area.
Heck, even my little town has a large minority community. Considering the weather up here I can understand the presence of Nepalese and Bhutanese, but the assorted African's (Nigerian's and Somali's ) and South Asian's, ( Indian's, Thai and Vietnamese ) are a puzzle to me.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 02:35:52 PM »
Do I get a prize for being number one?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 02:39:17 PM »
It fits the profile BM. A lot of Blacks, Asian's and Puerto Rican's. Along with Portuguese down from the Fall River area.
Heck, even my little town has a large minority community. Considering the weather up here I can understand the presence of Nepalese and Bhutanese, but the assorted African's (Nigerian's and Somali's ) and South Asian's, ( Indian's, Thai and Vietnamese ) are a puzzle to me.

Same problem here. The Lutherans brought the Africans into North freakin Dakota (where the low last winter was a balmy MINUS 28 degrees F) and dumped them in our neighborhood (not theirs, heavens no, not in the Lutherans' own neighborhood!). I'm guessing the Muslim Brotherhood assisted in getting us all of the Somalis we have here.

Crime is up, but not to the levels in the article.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Badgersmilk

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 03:48:47 PM »
Do I get a prize for being number one?

It's almost worth living between Flint and Detroit just because you have access to the used gun racks at William's Gun Sights!  I MISS THAT PLACE MOST OF ALL!!!  Awfull hard to beat their prices on new stuff to.

As far as crime in Flint...  I don't remember ever seeing anything in that whole city worth stealing!  Much less shooting somebody over.   :-\

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:29:42 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 06:30:33 PM »
Funny thing, you notice only Memphis is in a gun friendly state.
And the only one in the entire North East  is New Haven, They are all Dem strongholds .

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »
I wouldn't call Michigan an unfriendly state.  They're "shall issue" and recognize every other states CC permits if they're resident licenses.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 08:08:55 PM »
Till about 3 years ago MI required every handgun be "saftey inspected" (illegally registered by the state).  All the info on the gun and new owner was recorded and is kept in their records.  Not sure what the snakes are up to now.

Michigan will ALWAYS AND FOREVER be dem controlled.  The unions control the entire state.  And if your a union employee they give sit you down for a full day of propoganda on upcomming elections.  Then finish off with "If you vote for our (democratic) candidate you will get half a day off tommarow (after another, shorter session of brain washing), then a whole day off after that.  So long as you promise to vote for their candidate!

I was in more than one GM plant on more than one occasion to see all this first hand!

And yes, there are union reps at the polls.  To "support their members" / make sure you "do the right thing".  ;)

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 08:31:40 PM »
I have lived in SE MI for 30 years. The whole time Detroit and Flint have been bad places and not getting better that I see. But if you avoid those places, SE Michigan is a good place to live. Now, I grew up in Holland and I need to say West Michigan is a better place to live. The Lake Michigan beaches are sandy and nice. The fly fishing and bird and deer hunting are better in the West, center and North of the mitten than in SE MI as well. We have had too many years of union rule. That may be changing as we now have a Republican (RINO) governor and both houses of the legislature are Republican at long last. But I will still avoid Flint and Detroit for safety.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk