Author Topic: Where To Buy Tires ???  (Read 8827 times)

david86440

Re: Where To Buy Tires ???
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »
The last tires that I bought I found on Craigslist. I didn't need them at the time but were such deal I couldn't pass it up.

The guy bought a new truck, drove it across the street and had new tires and wheels put on and sold the take-offs on Craigslist. They were the exact same tires and wheels I had on my truck.

I paid $425.00 for 4 mounted P265/70R17 on factory chrome rims and he even gave me the chrome lug nuts that matched the rims.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 01:21:43 PM »
Holly crap!!! 3 pages on where to get truck tires? ? ? ? ? ?  ???  ::)  ::)  ::)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
Holly crap!!! 3 pages on where to get truck tires? ? ? ? ? ?  ???  ::)  ::)  ::)
At least there was a topic this time. ;D
FQ13

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »
Bill, I have (like M25 said) bought several sets of tires from TireRack.com and had really good luck and pricing. But their prices have went up.
I ordered a set for my younger son last year for his Chevy 4x4 and we got a heck of a deal from DiscountTire.com.

Peg Leg gets the butt kiss of the day!!!!

I found these at Discount Tire 3 miles from my house......In Stock!

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/cart/selectStore.do?productTypeId=1&r=AZWINT%7Cpc%7C85307&storeCode=AZP-49&productId=28889

$596.84 out the door with a 50,000 mile warranty. I'm going there when they open tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how everything works out.   Bill T.

Timothy

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2011, 01:41:07 PM »

I found these at Discount Tire 3 miles from my house......In Stock!

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/cart/selectStore.do?productTypeId=1&r=AZWINT%7Cpc%7C85307&storeCode=AZP-49&productId=28889

$596.84 out the door with a 50,000 mile warranty. I'm going there when they open tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how everything works out.   Bill T.

An old HS buddy is the VP of Discount Tire in your area, I wasn't gonna bring it up since I've not spoken with him in twenty years.  They have always been a good resource and Richard is a stand up guy.  Great price, that's less than I paid three years ago at my local tire dealer for nearly the same tire.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:03:54 PM »

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2011, 01:41:38 PM »
I've have bought and had tires installed at tirerack.com at their headquaters in South Bend, but I can get there in 35 minutes from my house.  Usually I use Discount Tire and they will price match tirerack.com  Frequently Discount Tire has rebates available.  I have found that many places will do price matching if you shop around and ask.  I like Consumer Reports and tirerack.com for research on tires.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 01:42:11 PM »

You know, you guys have been slaying me for years..  what a bunch of guys  ;D  oh, and M'ette too (don't want to get in trouble ya know).
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 02:42:13 PM »
Sam's and/or Costco.  I paid for the membership and was still money ahead.  Sam's usually has better Goodyear choices, Costco usually has better Bridgestone choices. 

Bill, my last set (Michelin) for my truck I got at Costco in on 83rd Ave in Glendale.

The Costco on Cave Creek & Beardsley I won't go back to for a balance/rotate. They never could get it right - after 3 tries.
The guys at 83rd get it right every time, first time.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »
you know, tires are the one item I can think of that pays off big time to shop around.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 03:39:27 PM »
you know, tires are the one item I can think of that pays off big time to shop around.

Much like women!   Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk