Author Topic: Whew, I was afraid that this might be Tom...  (Read 3635 times)

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Whew, I was afraid that this might be Tom...
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 10:59:27 AM »
There has to be more to this story.

There might be...but it could be as minor as a liberal brother or sister reporting him saying they are worried he is a Tea Party Terrorist.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 11:20:08 AM »
a 72 hour hold could be a over zealous doc, or a blanket poilicy.  A 30 day hold signed by a judge is alot diffrent.  That takes actual documentation of things that happen during that 72 hour hold or before.  From the story( pinch of salt) it said he had a civil rights "activist" lawyer at that hiring.  Not many shrinks would risking losing thier lic, which is what would happen if it was found out to be politically motivated.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 11:58:11 AM »
a 72 hour hold could be a over zealous doc, or a blanket poilicy.  A 30 day hold signed by a judge is alot diffrent.  That takes actual documentation of things that happen during that 72 hour hold or before.  From the story( pinch of salt) it said he had a civil rights "activist" lawyer at that hiring.  Not many shrinks would risking losing thier lic, which is what would happen if it was found out to be politically motivated.

It also said it was based on STATE law, so what you know from your area doesn't necessarily apply.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »
All state laws say basicly the same thing.  That being said if a medical professional has a reason to beleave that you are a danger to yourself or others.  They can have you commited.   they varry by what the is and is not a reason.    if during the 72 hour hold he treid to kill himself or others.  No judge would let him out.  We don't have all the facts here.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 08:04:34 PM »
Florida has the Baker Act,...from our latest BHO threats,...on Facebook fan,....72 hour eval. than a hearing to your competency....

Yes they can involuntarily send you away for 72 hours.....

What happens after that is just part of the "system".....

It is not designed in your favor...

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 04:56:38 PM »

Ksail101

• Airborne all the way!!!
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 08:19:58 PM »
Nope, I'm still here.
There are funny noises on my phone though.  ;D

Tom I would think that this post is funny if it wasn't so scary. You know someone like you who has put them self out there to tell everyone many truths and opinions, in this day and age, with the Patriot Act has to be careful to an extent. As wrong as I think it is and even me saying that possibily one war has already been faught to free us of that type of oppression and that it may happen again if some people don't figure things out is a scary line to toe.

Also, if I had the Clearence I wouldn't be surprised to find out all of us on this here forum have not been the subject of sort of government prowling. We are all extremists in this administrations eyes.
Did we win???

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »
Their objective is to silence any one who doesn't "Ooh and aah" over the Emperors new robe.
It's the job of Patriots to yell "Hey asshole, yer nekkid".  ;D

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 05:28:09 PM »
UPDATE:

Judge orders his release. Like "Right The (insert expletive) Now!""""

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Va-judge-orders-release-of-detained-veteran-3810234.php

snip

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — A judge on Thursday ordered the release of a former Marine who was detained for psychiatric evaluation after posting strident anti-government messages on Facebook.

Prince George County Circuit Judge W. Allan Sharrett said at the end of a one-hour hearing that the involuntary commitment order issued by a magistrate against Brandon J. Raub was invalid because it contained no allegation or basis to hold him, according to the head of a civil liberties organization that represented the 26-year-old veteran.

Hey Big Sis,.....and Holder...... Go pound sand,....you still suck!!!!! ::)

What the heck,....I'm on enough lists anyway.... ;D
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 11:35:01 AM »

What the heck,....I'm on enough lists anyway.... ;D

Who here isn't?  ;D
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk