Author Topic: Whistleblower Protection Act signed into law  (Read 2681 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
Whistleblower Protection Act signed into law
« on: November 29, 2012, 02:09:41 PM »
From David Codrea:

‘Long overdue’ Whistleblower Protection Act signed into law

President Barack Obama signed S. 743, the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2012, the White House Office of the Press Secretary announced Tuesday.

Per the press release, the act “amends whistleblower protections for Federal employees by: clarifying the scope of protected disclosures; tightening requirements for non-disclosure agreements; expanding the penalties imposed for violating whistleblower protections; and establishing a Whistleblower Protection Ombudsmen in certain agencies … “

It’s being hailed by government watchdog groups as “long overdue.”

----------------------------

“What I am specifically interested in about this whistleblower bill is any unintended consequences,” Gun Rights Examiner replied to the insider source who forwarded the link to the GAP post. “Is this intended to keep misdeeds ‘all in the family,’ so going outside to journalists will now be less likely?

“What effects will that have on information being suppressed so the public never finds out about it? What would have happened had this been in effect for the Fast and Furious guys? And what is the likely impact on future Clean Up ATF [whistleblower website] dialogue?" the source was asked.

“The biggest thing this does is to encourage whistleblowers to come forward,” the source replied, addressing those concerns and more. “The way things were, whistleblowers basically had zero real protections and when they were retaliated against (which almost all are), it had a chilling effect on anyone thinking about coming forward regarding government waste, fraud, or abuse in the future.

http://www.examiner.com/article/long-overdue-whistleblower-protection-act-signed-into-law
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

Re: Whistleblower Protection Act signed into law
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:29:18 PM »
This is ironic considering that the Obama administration has the worst record of abusing whistleblowers.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 02:41:58 PM »
This is ironic considering that the Obama administration has the worst record of abusing whistleblowers.

Caught that too?  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 06:28:44 PM »
Kind of like the announcement last week that Venezuela was joining the UN Human Rights commission.

langloisandy

• Very Active Forum Member
    • Andys Leather!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50:15 AM »
I REALLY could have used this a few years ago when I turned in an entire department for corruption.... sigh....

;)

Andy
Andy
www.andysleather.com
Ask me about Scout Rifle Slings ( www.scoutrifle.org )

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:26:54 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »
I REALLY could have used this a few years ago when I turned in an entire department for corruption.... sigh....

;)

Andy

The fact that you did it regardless is a testament to your character Andy!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 01:12:49 PM »
As with most things it DC, it is not what we all think it is, especially from its name. They always label things with a marketing plan in mind, so yeah, this probably has a lot less to do with protection of the blower, and a lot more protecting the blowee.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 01:22:35 PM »
As with most things it DC, it is not what we all think it is, especially from its name. They always label things with a marketing plan in mind, so yeah, this probably has a lot less to do with protection of the blower, and a lot more protecting the blowee.

Clinton gets off again.    ;D

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 02:24:12 PM »

I see what you did there!   8)
“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 02:45:35 PM »

(golf clap)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk