Author Topic: where to shoot?  (Read 3061 times)

bigkahuna07

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
where to shoot?
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:24:27 PM »
lets say you were forced into a situation in that you had to defend yourself from another man with a gun and you didn't want to kill the person where would you want to shoot the person to down him or at least let him know that if he doesn't back off you will put him down? I heard that it isn't practical to try to shoot the gun out his hand and that even if you hit him in an arm or shoulder it may not keep him from shooting back at you so I would like to ask just where should you shoot him to down him without killing him.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
Re: where to shoot?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:28:30 PM »
I would aim for the stomach. If that didn't convince him to leave me alone, I'd aim a few inches higher and shoot for the heart/lung area.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »
CENTER MASS!!  NO EXCEPTIONS!!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

bigkahuna07

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 09:32:25 PM »
is there a certain area around the stomach or chest you should shoot for because I don't want to kill the person unless I am forced to and have no choice, plus I have always been taught that a gun may be weapon for self defense and is perfectly able to kill but you should only kill as a last resort.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 09:34:39 PM »
IMO

if he had a gun / knife   and was wanting to KILL me  

I would be wanting to be the quicker one.   defend my self and family  and STOP the threat

Centre Mass  Double Tap

you may not get a second chance. 

as I heard the saying  better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

this all hypothetical as here we are not alowed to shoot criminals due to Self Defense not being a purpose of use for owning a firearm over here  ::)
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:25:16 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 09:37:15 PM »
BIG,

You shoot to stop the threat.  That said, ya ain't Annie Oakly, especially in a VERY tense situation.  You aim for center mass (biggest target area) and that's it.  You do not 'shoot to kill' AND you do NOT 'shoot to wound', you shoot to 'stop'.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

bigkahuna07

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 09:53:41 PM »
thanks for the info it is appreciated.

Thanos

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 09:57:40 PM »
Try to flee first and only draw your weapon if you have no other options or if you feel as though you or someone else is being threatened with bodily harm. You want to be really careful about pulling a gun.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 09:59:51 PM »
Get PROFESSIONAL training in defensive shooting ! Go NOW and buy Mossad Ayoob's book "In the Gravest Extreme" and start reading it as soon as you get home.
If the situation is threatening enough for you to shoot, shoot center of mass until he either falls down or stops doing what made you shoot him. If he runs away fine, if he is hurt but lives fine, if he dies tough sh!t, he should not have been threatening you and/or your family.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 10:01:32 PM »
BIG,

You shoot to stop the threat.  That said, ya ain't Annie Oakly, especially in a VERY tense situation.  You aim for center mass (biggest target area) and that's it.  You do not 'shoot to kill' AND you do NOT 'shoot to wound', you shoot to 'stop'.

Like Haz said, you should not even place any value on the perpetrators life forces, sucks to be him or her. Hesitation kills, don't give ANY credit to the person who is trying to stop your life force, shoot til they can't shoot back, or stab you, or bludgeon you, or grab you or yours. Your mental attitude should be, " f..k these people, who the hell are they to try to take my life, my belongings, or my family " get mad and focused, it will help if you have to be mean. It is also absolutely true. If you or yours are TRULY in danger, you cannot think about the consequences to you, only the consequences if you don't do what needs to be done.
It might mean aggression, and maybe not, but if it does, do it now and sudden and don't hold back. Fighting for you life or someone else's means exactly that, a fight, where 2nd place is a bad deal.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk