Author Topic: Where ya from?  (Read 113033 times)

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Where ya from?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 11:22:12 PM »
Adelaide, South Australia   

I live a bit out of town  at the edge of the suburbs,    good thing is I am about 20 mins to the Barossa Valley for some fine wines,    25 mins to a property I go hunting on,   20 mins to my local range

and have an hour drive to work  ( that is considered a massive drive  for most of the people over here)

I guess I have it easy over here,  we would like to move out further and have a bit of land, one day   
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

sledgemeister

• Top Forum Member
  • Democrat Sheeples
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 11:55:03 PM »
Tasmania - The most southern state i Australia and the second oldest, FWIW I can trace my family back to the first ship that came from brittain in 1788.
Tassie is probably most famous in your neck of the woods for "taz" devil the cartoon character and movie actor Errol Flynn although we also have some of the best farmland in the country.
We get the same sort of wrap that some of your southern states do ie being inbred etc but its all just jealousy and of course we have the redneck image, although I dont find that embarrassing at all, we like our flannel shirts  ;D
As far as hunting (food) we mostly shoot wallaby (to eat and for dog food) and we have a healthy population of fallow deer. We also have a few ferral cats, rabbits etc We are hoping they will open up a season for Greeny types and ferral protestors although we think this might cause a little tension amongst the Govt types.
We are also infamous for the 96 Port arthur mass shooting which spurned our coutnries draconian gunlaws, which still has not stopped those who should not have firearms from acquiring them - surprise surprise.
We are also blessed with some of the best fly trout fishing in the world, Brown trout, Rainbows and they are also stocking alantic salmon in a few places. Streams are very clear and best suited for the discerning stalker.
heres a couple pics to make you drool

A real tassie devil, have very strong jaws, and can crunch through a cow leg bone like its butter.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. - Solomon Short

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 01:26:33 AM »
Tasmania - The most southern state i Australia and the second oldest, FWIW I can trace my family back to the first ship that came from brittain in 1788.

SO..............yer ancestors were felons!                      ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2009, 01:28:01 AM »
Coroner, Medina is today and Sunday!  Didn't feel good Fri. but hope to make it anyway!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2009, 01:54:13 AM »

SO..............yer ancestors were felons!                      ;D

I was going to assume that they were well bred, proper British naval officers, but thats just because I'm a dog person, and hence nicer.
fightingquaker13

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:50:26 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2009, 09:23:38 AM »
Sledgemiester I will stick up for you by pointing out the "proper Naval Officers" Were guy's like William Blye (Governor of New South Wales AFTER the Bounty incident) Who went back to England because Tasmania had no tea and strumpets Crumpets.
BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY ! Are the Tasmanian Devils related to Badgers ?

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2009, 09:44:08 AM »
Born and raised in South Florida until the mid-late 80's when it was a terrible town, although much nicer in the 70's. Used to be a saying here, Last American Leaving Miami, take the flag,... I did....

20 years in North Carolina, Charlotte, Lake Norman, Wilmington.

Back in South Florida, (they cleaned up the town somewhat). 

Still, no habla espanol. 8)

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2009, 10:02:06 AM »
Tasmania - The most southern state i Australia and the second oldest, FWIW I can trace my family back to the first ship that came from brittain in 1788...

Beautiful country.  Did you take the pics?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »
Born and raised in South Florida until the mid-late 80's when it was a terrible town, although much nicer in the 70's. Used to be a saying here, Last American Leaving Miami, take the flag,... I did....

So You're Bastard!!! Can we have it back please? Now?
fightingquaker13

deamonpi

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2009, 05:39:48 PM »
75-76 Misawa, Japan          76-83 San Michele, Italy                          83-85 Fort Meade, MD           85-86 Minneapolis, MN
86-88 Brussels, Belgium      88-90 Kinshasa, Zaire (Dem. Rep. Congo)  90-94 St. Cloud, MN              94-95 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
95-01 St. Cloud, MN          01-present Fargo, ND

I cam to ND for school, and will probably stay because the people haven't changed their attitudes from rural yet.  We measure distances in hours, and still stop to talk in the middle of the gravel road.
Damasureta ho ga warui
(The decieved were wrong)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk