Author Topic: Which 10/22 ?  (Read 4175 times)

Tin Can Alley

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Which 10/22 ?
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 02:30:07 AM »
if i wanted something for kids to shoot i would towards a 10/22 with a synthetic stock and a stainless barrel. no wood to nick and stainless holds up better . depending on the size of the youngster the junior sized 10/22 or even a pink cricket might be what your looking for.

a marlin in synthetic and stainless is also a nice shooter
and dont forget a remington .22lt semi auto

as for that US shooting gun i probably wont shoot mine, its staying in the box with the leupold scope as a collectors piece. they're only making 5000. gun and scope run around 830.00

if your looking for a real bargain take a look at the Talo 10/22 target runs around 375.00 which seems to be a really decent deal in my opinion. synthetic adjustable stock , ss bull barrel with ruger guts

happy shopping !

Indy5000

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2008, 10:43:51 AM »
I thought I'd take a minute to dig this up from the past and thank everyone again for their input.  I ended up getting a Ruger 10/22 Stainless with the synthetic stock from Sportsman's Warehouse.  I purchased the TSR200 Adjustable Aperture Sight set from http://www.tech-sights.com/.  I also upgraded to the Volquartsen bolt release and extended mag release.  I'm still trying to decide the best way to mount a sling.  It's been fun working on my rifle skills with the iron sights.  I'm hoping this will translate over if I get an AR or other battle rifle someday.

Additionally, we had fun building up my brother's old wood stock 10/22.  We installed the Tapco adjustable stock, Volquartsen bolt release and extended mag release and topped it off with an inexpensive BSA Red Dot Optic.  I have to admit I like the feel of the pistol grip and the adjustability of the stock.  It does raise a few eye brows though.  The un-washed masses think it's an evil assault rifle.  ::)  I guess the 25 round Butler Creek magazine doesn' help. ;D

leatherman92

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 12:26:40 PM »
Make sure that it has a good trigger,mine has a pretty sucky trigger 8ibs. :'(
One riot,one redneck

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 04:11:49 AM »
Congratulations!! I too own the S & S 10/22. Large scope and the thirty round mags, do make it look pretty tough.

Shoots great, and hope you have years of reliable shooting with it.
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Ron J

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »
Congrats on the new 10/22! 

I have two.  One, an OLD sporter with the beavertail forend that is Jerry Miculek fast.  Light crisp trigger and superbly accurate.  Also have one of the HB 10/22's that I bought back in 1998.  I put a Leupold 2x7 RF scope on it and it is capable of one-hole accuracy out of the box. 

Good call.  You really can't go wrong with ANY Ruger 10/22.  Everyone should have at least one!  We may be getting our third since my son wants a new sporter for his first rifle. 

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:08:59 PM »

addict

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »
How about one like this:

Congrats on getting a 10/22 Indy5000. The beauty of them is that anyone can play with that receiver and make it anything they want. Then if you want to change it around no problems! The Tech Sights are great, but toss in a VQ hammer, and consider an aftermarket bbl and your accuracy potential will increase drastically. ;)
Addict

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 06:28:05 PM »
I bought a mossburg 702 today, cant wait to try it out.  ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk