Author Topic: Which AK Romanin Wassr or Century GP?  (Read 2844 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Which AK Romanin Wassr or Century GP?
« on: October 09, 2009, 02:41:31 AM »
Okay. I have had it with the Hamlet act on the AK/AR front and Lord knows you have as well. I don't want to sell my AR and I want an AK. Classic Arms has got a sale going at the same time I got a very unexpected  $500 insurance payment. I was denied intially on a break in on my car (broken  window and lost CD's , like 40 and damage to the interior where the idiot tried to remove the radio). Cool thing is USAA ponied up after I called and complained. A bit less than it was worth, but given they waived the deductible, I can't complain. A good company. Thing is Classic Arms is having a sale. I can get a US made Century Arms GP 1975 with  4 mas and a bag etc. for $450. I can get the same deal on a Romanian Wasser with all the same  trimmings (bayonet included) for the same price. I will buy one of them. Which way do I go? Spare me the sarcasm Eric, I got a pot of money dropped in my lap and a good deal on a gun , which oddly enough match in price. ;D Help a brother out.
FQ13  

Badgersmilk

Re: Which AK Romanin Wassr or Century GP?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 07:34:33 AM »
Both POS.  Notice no dent above the magazine to keep it from rattling around and feeding right?  That's because those recievers were intended to use skinny single stack magazines, and importers hack the mag. hole bigger with dremel tools just to get them to fit standard double stack AK magazines.  ::)

The POS part is just my opinion.  Someone who has one and never actually used it will surely argue so they don't feel bad about wasting their money.  ::)

YES, if your lucky, and hold the rifle carefully they'll feed fine.  Again,  ::)

Wonder why they're cheaper???

You'd do better to buy a kit, a 100% reciever, and build the thing yourself, or send off the pieces to be built by a pro.

Do it yourself and you'll stay well with'in that $500 bucks!

Do three of them, sell off two, and keep the nicest one for yourself for free!

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 09:45:57 AM »
My $.02? Get the WASR (spelled correctly - geez, man, you're supposed to be a college professor or something!).

I have shot one, no problems, ran all of the odd mags lying around.

Beware of trigger slap. Get a small piece of clear plastic tubing over the trigger for comfort. Or I have heard good things about the Tapco trigger too.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »
Spare me the sarcasm Eric,
FQ13   

Best of luck
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 11:03:17 AM »
Considered these?

http://www.classicarms.us/

Look for this.                    ITEM # 1975-AK-GP.....................................................$439.95

US made reciever, Green Mountain barrel.  Not hacked romanian reciever like most importers.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:36:37 AM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 11:38:16 AM »
Anybody else see Quaker making the news with his new gun?

"No pigs in there!" ;)

Just kidding Q, enjoy whatever one you get!

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 11:41:46 AM »
Anybody else see Quaker making the news with his new gun?

"No pigs in there!" ;)

Just kidding Q, enjoy whatever one you get!

New avatar, Badger? ::)
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 11:57:21 AM »
Quality on Century guns can be iffy, (Never heard anything bad about their AK's specifically )  Never heard of any problems with the WASR.
Green Mountain are good Barrels, it is where T/C subs out their back log. As for accessories, I'm sure you will get more use from a case than from a bayonet.
Glad you get to have both  ;D

Badgersmilk

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 05:59:25 PM »

Badgersmilk

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 06:02:17 PM »
Now THIS is close quarters combat!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk