Author Topic: 2 For 1 Coke Chicken Recipies  (Read 4235 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
2 For 1 Coke Chicken Recipies
« on: May 16, 2014, 07:16:39 PM »
While cooking one style of chicken, I found another recipe with the leftover prep ingredients.

Chicken recipe #1

-Make a marinade (either in a bowl or gallon zip-loc bag) using a chopped onion, diced clove of garlic, and a whole 12 oz Coca Cola.

-Place four skinless, boneless chicken breasts in the marinade (frying quarters will also work here, and is next on my list to try)....and let marinate for a few hours.

-Remove chicken and season with your favorite seasoning....I use Lowry's Seasoned Salt and black pepper.

-Wrap chicken with bacon and dust lightly with more seasoning.

-Cook via your preferred method.... I slow smoked it on my grill using Stubb's charcoal and pecan wood.....you can also cook in the oven or in a skillet.

Now, on to recipe #2
(which came from having a bag of marinade left and not wanting to waste it)  ;)

-I held out one odd-numbered extra chicken breast we had and two strips of bacon.
-I diced the chicken breast and cut the bacon into smaller pieces.
-I chopped up a container of fresh portobello mushrooms into bite-sized pieces.
-Then got a green and red bell pepper out of the freezer and diced those.
-I poured off all but about a tablespoon of the Coke out of the bag of marinade left from above, saving the onions and garlic.
While I was smoking the bacon-wrapped chicken, I got one of my 14" cast iron skillets and put it on my turkey frying burner and heated it with a low flame.
-First I added the bacon and fried it on low heat until done.
-Then I added the chicken, onion-garlic-coke marinade, and peppers.
-I seasoned with salt and black pepper and stir-fried until done.

All of it was great tasting, but I think I liked the stir-fry better...the mushrooms absorbed so much flavor (our d-i-l normally doesn't care for mushrooms, but she tried those in the stir-fry and liked them).

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk