Author Topic: Episode #189  (Read 2316 times)

Ben

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Episode #189
« on: December 17, 2010, 10:42:51 AM »
Mr. Bane,

I want to take issue with something you said when discussing your decision to not call law enforcement when you got your shotgun.

Before I do I want to be clear that I agree with your decision and most of what you said led you to it.

What I do not agree with is one of your stated reasons for not calling LE.  You said something to the effect of you having a relationship with the LE folks and not wanting to inconvenience them.  Being inconvenienced is their job and the thought of inconveniencing people when you are trying to protect your safety should never crease you consciousness.  What SHOULD be present in your thought process (and I believe was though you did not articulate it) is whether calling the police to your location is the best use of those resources.  This was especially true in your case.  The trip out to your place and back apparently would have taken them out of circulation for at least half an hour.  During those 30 minutes, there could have been someone else who really was in trouble and has no means of protection.

Great show!  I always enjoy the music.  I thought I had eclectic music tastes until I started listening to Down Range Radio.

Ben

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk