Author Topic: XS sights for competition  (Read 2402 times)

JoeG

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
XS sights for competition
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:00:45 AM »
MB

I like the look of the XS sights Lollypop configuration. I currently have 3 dot setups on the two guns my son and I use for USPSA, a Kimber full size for me and an SR9 for my son. I agree that the two back dots are counterproductive focus on the front sight. This is particularly true for me as I grew up shooting trap where you train to see the target! I am really enjoying shooting USPSA. I got us started as a way to train for personal defense (particularly for my teenage son since he will come of age in a world where hating Americans means trying to behead us not just swear at us in French). I am discovering that most of my misses are due to losing focus on the front sight. Trigger press seems much less of an issue. I can hit the bull when I slow down.

My question is are the large dot XS sights too big for competition? Would we be better off getting the standard size front dots?

Thanks for what you do

Joe
“You cannot allow any of your people to avoid the brutal facts. If they start living in a dream world, it’s going to be bad.” Gen. James Mattis

robheath

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: XS sights for competition
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 09:54:06 PM »
I use XS big dot on all my autos except my 22s.  I like them because the rear sight don't obscure the target.  I would think the smaller dot would be better for compititon, depending on how good your eyesight is.
Give me liberty or I'll get my guns and get it myself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk