Author Topic: Happy Birthday John Moses Browning  (Read 3814 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Happy Birthday John Moses Browning
« on: January 24, 2011, 12:10:53 PM »
I know it's a day late....but I don't think he'd mind.....

Happy Birthday John Moses Browning

January 23 was John Moses Browning's birthday. All of us at Browning are proud to celebrate -- along with gun enthusiasts everywhere -- the birth of the person known as "the greatest firearms inventor the world has ever known."

These words were first inscribed in history at the time of his death on a bronze plaque at the FN factory in Liege, Belgium, where he died:

TO THE MEMORY OF JOHN M. BROWNING. 1855-1926. This is the place where . . . he came from Ogden . . . where on the twenty-sixth of November, 1926, while he was busily engaged at work death overtook the greatest firearms inventor the world has ever known.

His designs and inventions have not only benefited hunters, shooters and outdoorsmen since his gun was sold nearly 140 years ago, but they also have strengthened and protected the cause of freedom everywhere.

http://www.browning.com/library/infonews/detail.asp?id=300

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Re: Happy Birthday John Moses Browning
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 12:22:42 PM »
Has anyone besides me ever wondered why one of the Discovery Channels (History, Biography, Military, Science, etc.) has never done his life history and everything it has meant to not only the firearm industry, but to society as a whole?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 12:23:55 PM »
Has anyone besides me ever wondered why one of the Discovery Channels (History, Biography, Military, Science, etc.) has never done his life history and everything it has meant to not only the firearm industry, but to society as a whole?

Why yes....yes I have.   ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
It needs to be a national holiday. 
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »
JMB actually had his pistol design done in 1910.  But could not be submitted until Feb. 1911.....and so it goes....

Thank you again Mr. Browning.  Good Call...Happy Birthday.

Between Sam Colt and Mr. Browning, perhaps a T&T ticket can get that National Holiday changed. probably throw in a National Day of Winchester for good measure.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:30:07 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk