Author Topic: Of PegLegs and AR's....  (Read 10600 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Of PegLegs and AR's....
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2012, 01:26:54 AM »
If you have a flat top:
I bought Warne Ulta-High Quick Detach rings for my Remmy (DPMS) 308 - Warne Part #A204LM.

No riser needed and the scope alignment rods lined up perfectly before and after lapping. The 3.5x10 Zeiss is dead nuts in line with my eye when I shoulder it.
Supposed to fit 56mm objectives. Mine's 44mm and I still have 1/2" clearance from the free float handguard.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2012, 09:49:44 AM »
Thanks for the info. My son may want these for his.

Ours are DPMS flat-tops.

I will note that one thing I like about the riser is it is open through it so I could possibly use an sight set as back-ups.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2012, 10:24:00 AM »
Thanks for the info. My son may want these for his.

Ours are DPMS flat-tops.

I will note that one thing I like about the riser is it is open through it so I could possibly use an sight set as back-ups.
Which model did you buy? I have been over the river and through the woods trying to get back up irons for my sportical without breaking the bank. I'm curious as to what you're starting with.
FQ13

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2012, 11:03:10 AM »
Which model did you buy? I have been over the river and through the woods trying to get back up irons for my sportical without breaking the bank. I'm curious as to what you're starting with.
FQ13

I'm looking at these sights:

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Military-AR-15-Detachable-Front/dp/B0044XE6QS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347119835&sr=8-3&keywords=ar+sights

OR:

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Flip-up-Tactical-Complete-Aperture/dp/B001WIUJXW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Flip-up-Tactical-Front-Complete/dp/B001WIUO1O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2

The rifle is basically the Oracle flat-top.....their standard M4/16" rifle.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2012, 11:16:36 AM »
I'm looking at these sights:

http://www.amazon.com/Global-Military-AR-15-Detachable-Front/dp/B0044XE6QS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347119835&sr=8-3&keywords=ar+sights

The rifle is basically the Oracle flat-top.....their standard M4/16" rifle.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Flip-up-Tactical-Complete-Aperture/dp/B001WIUJXW/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_1

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Flip-up-Tactical-Front-Complete/dp/B001WIUO1O/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2

Ok. Here's where things get screwy. You need to make sure that the front sight is designed to be mounted on the gas block, not for a rail mount. The gas block is lower, not on the same plain like a rail would be. gas blocks also get hot, so not all polymer sights will work. I'd do a bit of research before I bought. Granted its only $50, but that right there scares me. Mose good quality iron sights go for around $80 and up each, not $44 per pair. If the front sight isn't designed for the gas block it won't align. Also, get an idea of how much real estate the rear sight takes up on your rail. You need to leave enough room for a scope or optics.As I said, I've been over the river and through the woods on this stuff. Good luck. :P
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 02:17:10 AM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2012, 11:33:50 AM »
These are supposed to be mil-spec and are made of aluminum.......if the gas block gets up to 1400 degrees Fahrenheit, I'll let it melt.  ;D

And yes, I intend to make sure the heights will work.  :)

I don't need them to be CFS/Pincus-proof.... I just need a set of back-up, occasional-use sights in case a scope fails.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2012, 11:45:30 AM »
These are supposed to be mil-spec and are made of aluminum.......if the gas block gets up to 1400 degrees Fahrenheit, I'll let it melt.  ;D

And yes, I intend to make sure the heights will work.  :)

I don't need them to be CFS/Pincus-proof.... I just need a set of back-up, occasional-use sights in case a scope fails.
Keep me posted Peg. Frankly, I just said to hell with it and bought some spare batteries for the eotech. ;D
If you find some cheap ones that work let me know. Also...Range Report young man.
FQ13

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 11:53:33 AM »
Keep me posted Peg. Frankly, I just said to hell with it and bought some spare batteries for the eotech. ;D
If you find some cheap ones that work let me know. Also...Range Report young man.
FQ13

Probably would be at it right now, but it's raining........ rain just run the roofers off the top of the house.  >:(
We need the rain, but I wish it had held off a few more hours.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk