Author Topic: Ordered an AR  (Read 7664 times)

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ordered an AR
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
So many to reply to:

blindhog - I got a call yesterday from my dealer and he said Stag called him and said it should ship early next week.

twyacht & alfsauve - The reason I'm getting the AR is 3-gun shooting.  I have been using the FNAR for the shoots.  It is accurate as all get out but it takes longer to transition to the next shot than the people shooting ARs because of the weight and recoil.  Unlike USPSA 3-gun, IDPA multi-gun doesn't have a heavy metal division.  With a 100 yard string of steel they can shoot about two to my one.  The last match had 8 steel targets at 100 yards.  On the plus side the FNAR really swings the steel.  They usually put me last in the shooting order because the 308 round is hard on targets.  At the last match I hit the hole in the plate where one of the chains attached breaking the chain and cracking the steel.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 07:57:34 PM »
Keep on "crackin" the steel Watchman...

Look fwd to future posts.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2012, 08:01:17 PM »
Watchman, do you have the 16 or 20 inch barrel on your FNAR ?

WatchManUSA

• NRA Life Member - Join the NRA!
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2012, 10:05:56 PM »
Watchman, do you have the 16 or 20 inch barrel on your FNAR ?
It's the 20 incher.  FNH came out with the 20 before the 16.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies." (Groucho Marx)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2012, 11:44:25 PM »
Hey WatchMan, where's that range report??? ;)

even-though I'm right handed I have to shoot long guns left handed.

Me too - left master eye. Unless there is an optic mounted, I'm port side only.
What's strange is if I even tried to comb my hair left handed I'd probably end up bleeding from somewhere but the left eye is dominant.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 07:05:09 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk