Author Topic: Pocket Pistols  (Read 11940 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Re: Pocket Pistols and Gun Show
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2018, 03:53:49 PM »
Went to the RK Show today at ATL Expo Center.  Usually biggest one in Atlanta.  Not as big as in the past though.

Major disappointment was not finding any Federal Small Pistol primers. Nada.    When I got home I found Everglades Ammo had them in stock.  Order 10k.  $3.75/100

Only one Ruger PC9 at the entire show.  Small dealer wanted $699+tax.   I'll wait.

I saw, Taurus, Ruger, S&W, Sig, Kimber, Kahr, Kel-Tec, Jennings, FIE, Unique (French), and many others.  There were some older, collectible pocket Colts and Brownings.  I know they were collectibles because of the prices, at which they will collect a lot of dust.

So many, so confusing.

I did not see any Walther TPHs.  I loved my PPKs, I'd buy a TPH just to have it.  AT A REAONABLE Price

But, after looking at specs and dimensions, it looks like I'll be getting a .380.  I mean the smallest pocket pistoll is of course the NAA revolver in .22lr, but in semi-auto, might as well go .380.  Not that big a savings in .22

Jenning or FIE;   nope nope nope.
Kel-Tec or Kanr; call me a snob, but I just can't bring myself to buy these
Taurus;  really don't trust them after the reset problem on their 738
SCCY;  gave a serious look after Michael's 2 show visit to their factory, but too big
Kimber, Sig, Walther PPK, S&W, and others;  To big or too heavy.
Bond Bullpup9;  Cool but can't find any and the price will probably be $750+

So I'm down to,

Ruger LCP  & Beretta Pico.   I've owned an LCP.  It was fine.  But I'm intrigued by the Pico.

Probably next Friday I'll go to the LGS and fondle both.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Pocket Pistols
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2018, 04:36:53 PM »
Alf, Having owned a Kel-Tek P3AT and still own a Kahr K9, I can tell you either of these pistols will serve you well. The K9 is all steel and recoil isn't bad shooting Federal 115Gr. +P+ JHP.(1350fps)
 With standard 9mm ammo it's a pussycat. The KelTek .380 is much smaller and has manageable recoil when loaded with Hornady TAP 90 Gr HP/XTP FPD ammo (1000fps at muzzle)
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2018, 04:53:34 PM »
The NAA .22 Short mini revolver is 0.37" shorter than the .22 LR with a 1 1/8" barrel. It's the smallest production handgun I know of. But if you want something more effective, I don't think you'll find a current production .380 pistol smaller than the Kahr Arms CW380.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2018, 05:52:32 PM »
I won’t buy a Kahr either so call me a snob too!

I’m sure they're fine guns but they’re made here in the People’s Republic, about ten miles north! 

Much like S&W, I can buy pretty much everything they manufacture here and snippets of other brands!  So, because I can, I won’t! 

Restriction list is BS so I won’t give either my money...  looking at a G43 or LC9s.

Anyone need a Sig P6 with 5 OEM mags?  Clean, swallows anything!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2018, 09:56:23 PM »
Alf... pay the extra bucks for the LCP II if that is your final choice.. much better trigger and sights

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 12:19:28 PM »

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2018, 09:59:28 PM »
Timothy...after about 30yrs search, I think the G43 with TT+2 in a Tulster holster is my choice... I have a tritium front sight plain rear incoming from Dave Dawson

Timothy

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2018, 10:27:49 PM »
Timothy...after about 30yrs search, I think the G43 with TT+2 in a Tulster holster is my choice... I have a tritium front sight plain rear incoming from Dave Dawson

Thanks Les!

Any issues with the +2 extension?

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2018, 07:00:13 AM »
Alf, did you look at the LCR and LCP side x side? 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2018, 08:07:39 AM »
Timothy... so far no...it came with the extra power spring...I put 200 hand load hollow points through it, and about 300 factory FMJ mix of 115/147s and about 15 of the Speer 124 +P Gold Dots that I carry (I'm old school)...other than drifting the rear sight to the right before I ever shot it, has worked well and accurate... I do one shot draws from my IWB rig at 20m on 8" plates with pretty good success rate with a nylon cover up shirt... the 124 Gold Dots chrono better than 1130fps .. I'm a member at an outdoor range that allows me to draw from holster, so I try to shoot it at least every other week with a magazine or two

I don't think I'd recommend it to a first time buyer.. it is a hand full when it goes off

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2018, 02:54:42 PM »
Alf, did you look at the LCR and LCP side x side?

LCR - 6.5" long. No go.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk