Author Topic: Pincus on open carry  (Read 25220 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Pincus on open carry
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »
As the law in this state currently is written (changes in 60 days ) I'm not the clerk, I can leave, so I'm obligated to do so.
The gun isn't pointed at me, I'm not in danger, I have no justification to cap the Ahole.
Your thoughts and opinions need to be weighed  against the laws in your area.

Timothy

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2011, 03:40:16 PM »
I'll keep it simple because I'm a simple guy!

I carry a firearm to defend a threat against MY person, MY family or MY property! 

In CT, it's pretty damn clear that to use deadly force, you better be damn sure you're being threatened with deadly force!

MA has a castle doctrine as well but the same reasoning applies.

Rob Pincus

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
    • I.C.E. Training Company
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2011, 03:28:11 PM »
Notice how things have changed without RP around to monitor us?

Try to stay on topic, M58....  ;D

I am glad that you guys are discussing the topic (and not tooo many tangents!). It is an important one. This recent 'flare up' in regard to my position is the second in the year from the OC Activism Camp. We even addressed the issue in the 3rd season of TBD after the first time so that the issue of potential confrontation and potential misunderstanding could be addressed more clearly.

I am all for the RIGHT to OC. I am all for OC under conditions wen it makes sense (wilderness environments, for example), but I am not for taking your means of self defense and turning it into a soapbox.

-RJP

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2011, 09:47:40 PM »
 :-X
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk