Author Topic: Rastus  (Read 524 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Rastus
« on: January 01, 2024, 08:44:25 AM »
Once again the day has come for the obligatory greeting and well wishes for Rastus' fake date.

Happy Birthday, whenever it really is.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: Rastus
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 01:57:48 PM »
Once again the day has come for the obligatory greeting and well wishes for Rastus' fake date.

Happy Birthday, whenever it really is.

Yeah, what he said!!
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Whatever the top-secret date may be, I hope it comes and goes in the best possible way that you would have it come and go.  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 10:32:08 AM »
Yeah, thanks guys.  We'll just use this one. 

I have spoofed so many times the only place I know my birthday is right is at the bank.  Well, that and the IRS.

I saw the giddiness of early internet and people's willingness to part with their information early one....I figured they'd use it against us some day.  So...who knows...?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 03:10:22 PM »
I saw the giddiness of early internet and people's willingness to part with their information early one....I figured they'd use it against us some day.  So...who knows...?

Good foresight!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 07:08:21 PM »
And I keep doing it.  Wrong year, definitely the wrong month but only a couple of months so they don't know which of the ones I skip is the real one...if I in fact do skip it. 

I kinda like Jan 1.  Depends on who wants to know for the year.  If it's political I'm generally under 25 and pulling right and if asked it's because the left lies.  So it's part true...right?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:20:02 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 08:55:50 PM »
Thread drift here for the birthday boy.  Rastus, do you remember the details of the day we met face to face.  I remember it was at the Pro-Am, I had just rolled in on my bike and was inside registering when we crossed paths.  However, I don't recall what plans or arrangements we made prior.

Thinking of that weekend. You brought really cool toys to the range, you didn't shoot, but you followed and took some cool photos of the UPS shooter with Julie Golob and the eternal third grader, Rob Leatham. And you managed to avoid recording the moments as I followed Jessie Harrison around the range. Oh yea and there was great pizza.

Above all it was a great time meeting face to face and spending time with someone I felt that I had known my whole life.

Thanks for the gift of memories on you birthday!

Here is a question for everyone:  When you are at the registration table and Mike Seeklander asks if you mind shooting with "good shooters"?  My response was that I was there to have fun and I'd love to. A couple of comments and i admitted that I had been shot with Rob Leatham a couple times at Rio Salado and spent some one-on-one time.  His reply was "Great". "Your with Julie Golob, Jessie Harrison may be with you, Robbie is hanging out with Julie, and some others will be around."  Rob didn't shoot, but was always there like a coach, and due to his advice, I actually out shot Julie on one stage (My eternal claim to shooting fame).
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2024, 01:13:33 PM »
I think it was some email voodoo to start with.  That's back when USSA was happening. 

I have lost all of the pictures of that. 

I remember finding out they all called Rob Leatham by the moniker "Baby Huey" and how bad his knees were. 

That pizza place, if I remember right, was the one Phil Strader liked...a Greek pizza, right?  It hasn't been around for maybe 7-8 years. 

Toys?  Did I have the HK Mk23 and can at that time? 

I have a better toy now.   If only I remembered how to post a picture....

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1448
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2024, 03:23:07 PM »
   If only I remembered how to post a picture....

That is one high-maintenance girlfriend.

I would be unable to feed her for even one meal!
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2024, 03:29:21 PM »
Well, she only does one at a time.  With the ghost ring you can hit a gallon milk jug at 200 yards every time....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk