Author Topic: Progress in Ohio!  (Read 4801 times)

addict

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Progress in Ohio!
« on: February 07, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »
So Ohio has long had a goofy definition of machine gun. The line in the law was, if you insert a magazine capable of holding more than 30 rounds into a firearm it became a machine gun, and the operator was guilty of a felony - constructing a machine gun. So you could own them, but not use them. Goddess forbid you got a  zealous prosecutor and an AR mag you could shoe horn 31 rounds into.
In any event after the school shooting in 2013 I attended several Second Amendment Rallies. I happened to meet my State Rep., and asked him about this defacto magazine ban. Long story short, his subsequent bill was revised and added to several other progun provisions and passed/signed last week! When HB 234 goes into effect, no more magazine capacity "machine guns"!
The other big provision provides for CCW license to = a NICS check, so no more delays!!!!

With all the craziness in Washington, it is good to see freedom expand.  ;D

Addict

tombogan03884

Re: Progress in Ohio!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 04:15:03 PM »
Good for you !! We are working for Constitutional carry here in NH. Looking good so far.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2015, 05:54:42 PM »
Good work, addict. 

Tanks for  your helping all of us.

Take care
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

addict

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 06:43:41 PM »
Good work, addict. 

Kind of happenstance I was in the right place at the right time. I have to give Representative Becker and the Buckeye Firearms Association the credit. But it goes to show that speaking up can make a difference.

Addict

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk