Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 186309 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #1100 on: May 06, 2023, 04:39:50 PM »
I like the "dressed" ones better too...more icing the better....but they're all good. My wife always gets comments like, "It looks great but tastes better than you expect wedding cake to taste."

Here is a dressed version. 8)  ;D ;D

I'll take a corner piece. ;D The only reason I go weddings is free cake.   
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1101 on: May 06, 2023, 04:43:45 PM »
I'm just about to dig into an egg, potato, bacon and cheese scramble. The last thing I ate before this was chocolate Twizzlers. They taste like chocolate in the way Cocoa Puffs cereal does, not the way a chocolate bar does.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #1102 on: May 07, 2023, 04:34:27 PM »
I'll take a corner piece. ;D The only reason I go weddings is free cake.   

I get scraps from the left over cut-off cake tops. I just mix it with left over frosting in a bowl.  ;D

Had leftover venison spaghetti for Sunday lunch.....
Had chicken fajitas at our favorite Mexican joint last night and will probably have leftovers from that tonight.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1103 on: May 12, 2023, 03:44:52 AM »
I had a sausage, egg and cheese English muffin with a dab of hot and spicy mustard. That was good. And I'm chasing it with potato salad. Or kartoffelsalat as they say in Deutsche.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1104 on: May 16, 2023, 04:02:45 AM »
Chicken breast meat in a chimichurri sauce made with cilantro, lime, and garlic, on a steamed brat roll, with hot giardiniera. The chicken was cooked using the sous vide method - vacuum-sealed in a pouch and cooked in a hot water bath in its own juices until very tender. The giardiniera was Marconi brand hot giardiniera, the original Chicago-style giardiniera.

https://marconi-foods.com/products/hot-giardiniera?variant=31081269198945

I'll be eating Italian beef and gravy on those brat buns with it whenever the 5 pound tub thaws. They make mild too, in case you don't like spicy food. Or a runny nose, but that's how I know it's spicy enough. It is hot and spicy, but not overkill. I would buy the hot again and I don't like things very hot. I got it at Gordon's Food Service Store, but they sell it on their site and Amazon too.

Sponsor

« Reply #1105 on: Today at 04:17:26 PM »

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1105 on: May 17, 2023, 02:44:06 PM »
Had to got to a neighboring city for a new gasket for the pressure canner lid so we tried a new Chinese buffet.
I had a variety of chicken and mushrooms and all was good. Lo mein was great too.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1106 on: May 19, 2023, 11:44:18 PM »
I haven't had lo mein from a good restaurant in a long time. I had instant or frozen that wasn't bad, but not the really good stuff.

I'm eating a 3 Musketeers bar I just took out of the fridge. I like them cold and firm, instead of warm and soft most of the time.

The 3 Musketeers always carry swords in the movies. I always saw then sword-fighting, and don't recall them ever carrying muskets or shooting them. I didn't know why they were even called musketeers. Did you ever wonder why musketeers always carry swords? You can draw a sword a lot faster than you can reload a musket, plus swords are better for CQB.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1107 on: May 20, 2023, 03:33:40 AM »
Korean barbecue pulled chicken breast on a brat roll. One without hot giardiniera, and one with. That's 6 rolls down, 2 each with 3 different kinds of chicken breast, and only 6 rolls left for the Italian beef and gravy I bought them for.

The second kind of chicken was garlic chicken, with garlic sauce like gravy.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1108 on: May 21, 2023, 03:41:23 PM »
We made pulled pork bbq for a friend's son's wedding reception.......since it needed to be sampled for quality assurance, I had a small bit on a sandwich.

Then later had a chunk of homemade chocolate chip cookie cake that the wife made.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1109 on: May 22, 2023, 03:18:42 AM »
You lucky dog! I went to a wedding Saturday thinking I was going to get some wedding cake, but all the guests got cupcakes. That was supposed to be better, but as the groom's younger brother has told me about other things, "Opinions vary." The bride and groom had their little cake above the stacks of cupcakes to cut together - chocolate with buttercream or cream cheese frosting or, I don't know what, because I didn't have any. :( But, there was an open bar at the reception, and I had a few leftover cupcakes in my hotel room afterward. :)

I ate 2 bowls of Detroit Mix popcorn. I bought a 20 ounce bag of Gordon's Mix at GFS on the way home from getting my wisdom tooth pulled Monday. I decided I waited long enough to start eating eating it.

I'm drinking Fresca Mixed Vodka Spritzes. They had the original Fresca grapefruit flavor and the 4 flavor variety packs at Rite Aid. I only got the original, but would have bought the Fresca Tequila Palomas too if they had them. I had a different brand of pre-mixed Palomas before and liked them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk