Author Topic: Vitamin D  (Read 10404 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Vitamin D
« on: November 21, 2016, 07:43:27 AM »
For about the last year or so I have had a lot of issues with muscle and joint pain. I thought it was just from old age setting in. It got to the point when I would get down on the living room carpet to play with the dog, I could hardly get up! It really hurt. Then about 6 months ago I had a doctors appointment for a checkup and routine blood panel, and he called me to tell me I had a large Vitamin D deficiency. He also was questioning my Thyroid results. He said that could be effected by me lacking Vitamin D as well.

He told me to immediately start taking 2,000 units a day. So I did. I couldn't believe the difference! Within a couple of weeks I started to improve. Most all the muscle and joint pain I was having went away. I can bounce up off the floor like I was 30. I just had my blood panel redone, and my thyroid was completely normal. I had no idea Vitamin D was that important. He said many adults in their 60's lack it.

So now I make sure I take 2,000 units a day regularly. All of the pain and discomfort I was experiencing all went away. The stuff is cheap, and can really improve your life. Try it and see. I doubt you will be disappointed in the results.

Timothy

Re: Vitamin D
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 07:58:32 AM »
http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/features/vitamin-d-deficiency-and-chronic-pain-link

Can't hurt but be careful if you have kidney stones...  See the last statement..

Glad you're getting pain free..  I'm going to give it a try but I do have stones disease and it's not fun!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 08:51:30 AM »
I've never had any kidney stone issues. But I do take cranberry pills. They are supposed to be very good for your urinary tract.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
Pills
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 12:41:54 PM »
CO-Q10  Supposed to be good for the heart.  Sure helped me feel rested.

Lycopene  Anti-cancer; especially for prostate.  On this for a long time.

Tumeric   Anti-cancer.

Grape Seed Extract  Supposed to get rid of bad stuff in your system. 

Eye Caps  My macular degeneration halted with these.  Could be coincidence.

Other things too, but not daily like these...

Not a medical recommendation.  What I do and why I do it.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 02:15:04 PM »
I take calcium pills every day for osteoporosis and they have vitamin D in them and I take a multi vitamin and mineral supplement like generic centrum. Between the 2 kinds of pills I think I'm getting enough vitamin D but don't know that I've ever had it checked. I have arthritis in every vertebrae of my neck and back but the pain is mostly manageable with generic naprosyn twice a day. Everything else I take is prescribed for me by doctors.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:31:26 PM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 02:21:24 PM »
I take calcium pills every day for osteoporosis and they have vitamin D in them and I take a multi vitamin and mineral supplement like generic centrum. Between the 2 kinds of pills I think I'm getting enough vitamin D but don't know that I've ever had it checked. I have arthritis in every vertebrae of my neck and back but the pain is mostly manageable with generic naprosyn twice a day. Everything else I take is prescribed for me by doctors.

Try taking an extra 1,000 units of Vitamin D every day for a few weeks and see if that doesn't help eliminate some of the pain. It can't hurt.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Pills
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 08:17:25 AM »
CO-Q10  Supposed to be good for the heart.  Sure helped me feel rested.

Also good for people taking any kind of statin, lessens the side effects if any. My (new) wife (4 years this year!!!) had abdominal issues until she started taking CoQ-10 along with the statin.

I take CoQ-10, C, and D3 daily. The major change is that I rarely, if ever, get sick anymore, whereas I used to have some sort of a bug all winter.

My (former Marine) son was getting sick weekly as he did his student teaching, until I suggested Airborne and C daily. He stopped getting sick, even moving from school to school.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »
Pathfinder... from a former classroom teacher... tell him to wash his hands as often as he can... don't touch his fingers to his face... keep up the Vitamin C and zinc lozenges

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 04:33:49 PM »
Washing of hands is the single most important thing we can do to prevent illness! 

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2016, 06:43:56 AM »
For about the last year or so I have had a lot of issues with muscle and joint pain. <snip>

Try some MSM and Glucosamine Chondroitin.  The MSM seems to help arthritis more and the glucosamine chondroitin joint/cartilage.  The gc may take 2-3 months but I know several who improved after years of chronic issues.

And I buy my stuff from the Health Center for Better Living   www.hcbl.com  when I can.  The WalMart CoQ10 works and I suspect the other stuff is OK too...I do buy from them as well. 

Look up MD Anderson and type in lycopene, turmeric and cinnamon and see what they say about the properties of those components....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk