Author Topic: State Of The Union  (Read 2501 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 890
State Of The Union
« on: January 21, 2015, 08:29:03 AM »
I admit up front that I was multi-tasking during the speech last evening.  I picked up a couple things, but one thing I missed was any talk of gun control.  Did Pres. BHO talk gun control, or even hint at it, last night?

Among the things I noticed was his bully attitude.  Several times he made it clear that it was up to the House and Senate to give him his wishes or he would veto.  He also threw out a lot of very expensive plans but his only talk of how to pay for anything was perpetuating the hate of successful.  If you caught it he did not talk of high income as much as those who have saved and grown their investments (taxation based on what you have as opposed to what you earn).

Don't want to go down too many paths, hard for this free drifting ADHD bunch, but really curious about his public plans for gun control.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

Re: State Of The Union
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 01:13:58 PM »
I don't know what he said,it was the least watched in history, and the liberal "Politifact" site claims most of his "facts" were either wrong or misrepresented.
But here is the full text of it if you want to wade through it.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/full-text-of-obamas-state-of-the-union-address/ar-AA8pnYF?ocid=ansnewsreu11

Here's the Republican response.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/full-text-joni-ernsts-republican-party-response-to-the-2015-state-of-the-union/

dipisc

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »
Hi

did NOT watch any of it last night. I watched anything else but that. I would not worry about any gun control legislation for at least the next 4 years..

I pity anyone that had to sit there or watch it due to thier job or lack of cable TV in thier area.

Will get what I need to know of his speech from Fox News later tonight.

Barry is a legend in his own mind !

Timothy

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 03:10:00 PM »
Here's a brief summary...  I didn't watch it either so this is paraphrasing at it's finest..

"Blah, blah, blah, lie, lie, lie, applause...blah, tax more rich people, blah, blah, lie, lie, scold, frown, wag finger, applause...blah, blah, tax, spend, deficit, tax, spend, tax spend, spend, spend, spend..

Applause, applause, applause...!"

The End!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk