Author Topic: How about the intro of OLD guns?  (Read 3916 times)

dgray64

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
How about the intro of OLD guns?
« on: October 22, 2007, 10:41:56 PM »
I've gotten hooked on the old "commie" guns, the CZ-52, the pistols that fire the 9x18 Makarov, the 1895 Nagant and many others.  Many of these old weapons are cheap today but still serviceable and darn fun to shoot!  How about intermixing them with the new guns.  Lots of us out here have a problem putting up a large chunk of money for a new, modern weapon.  Wouldn't that be interesting?  Hope so!

Dave     :D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: How about the intro of OLD guns?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 11:22:10 PM »
That's how I plan to spend my winter...videoing the old guys!

So far, I have a CZ-52, a Walther P1/P38, a Mak 9X18 and a Star Modelo Super. I'm talking to my friends at SARCO about finding me a nice Spanish Astra 9mm Largo because they look so weird. I'm crazy about the Walther! I've asked Blade-Tech to make me a holster and mag pouch so I can shoot the Walther in IDPA matches (and, of course, video it for DOWN RANGE).

BTW, at various times in my life I have carried a Nazi-marked Mauser HsC .32 ACP, still arguably the finest pocket pistol ever madei. I still have mine.

Great idea, BTW!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 06:17:49 PM »
Michael, I really gotta hand it to you. You sure do listen well to your fan base! I've always been a fan of the historical guns.... Colt 1917's, M1 Garand, 1911, P38/P1, M1 Carbine, ALL of the Cowboy guns..... Looking forward to seeing your classic guns vids! 8)
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

dgray64

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:33:42 PM »
Thanks, Michael.  This sounds like your best year yet!!

Dave :D

tumblebug

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 08:49:53 PM »

Just getting better&better.  8)

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:10:58 PM »

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 08:56:44 PM »
[color=blueBTW, at various times in my life I have carried a Nazi-marked Mauser HsC .32 ACP, still arguably the finest pocket pistol ever madei. I still have mine.

Great idea, BTW!

Michael B[/color]
Why .32acp and not the .380acp version?

Overload in CO
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Scott Moore

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 12:47:44 AM »
I suspect the reason why .32acp and not 9mm Kurtz (9mm short, aka .380acp) is because the .32 was the preferred pocket pistol caliber of the German government at the time. I haven’t had time to review my books but I don’t think the pistol was produced in .380 at that time. When I was in retail years ago I have sold many of the commercial .380s and still think the slide-slam feature when inserting the magazine is one of the coolest and functional features of any pistol.
J. Scott Moore
Columnist - Downrange.tv

canon6

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 06:58:51 PM »
Michael if I may be so bold try to get a hold of a StarBM.I have one and it is a fine 9mm handgun SA ,Colt type safeties and boringly dependable.   Doug
a armed man is his own master

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:54:01 PM »
First Handgun I owned was a Star BKM, the lightweight version of the BM, was a good pistol. But the previous owner did a "Home gunsmithing" throat job on it and ruined it. When fired the empty brass looked pregnant. I sold it at a loss(Told the new owner it needed a new barrel) and bought my Colt 1911 Gov't. I guess I should have looked a bit closer at the gun before I bought it, But like I said, It was my first handgun and I wanted it real bad.If I could find an other BKM, I would buy it just to have.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk