Author Topic: SIG P226 SPORT II SL 9mm  (Read 4654 times)

alcpa7

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SIG P226 SPORT II SL 9mm
« on: October 28, 2007, 01:31:13 AM »
I found a SIG P226 SPORT II SL and the price was right so I bought it. Actually I still have to register it and all that fun stuff but for all intents and purposes it is mine. I was on the SIG Forum and asked some questions there and need more information. The trigger pull on this particular gun is well in excess of 10lbs my guess is that it is 12 lbs. Some people have mentioned that it should have a "match trigger" I want to know what the DA/SA pull on that trigger is supposed to be. Also if I sent the gun in to SIG for a AEP and told them it was strictly for a competition gun would they lower the pull beyond 8/4lbs DA/SA respectively? After all it does have added weights and a compensator. Also someone replaced the magazine with a 10rd magazine. I am looking for a pre-ban magazine. I see on SIG's website they have padded floor plates will they fit on any factory made 226 high capacity magazine? or do I need to look for something specific?

bdcmh

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SIG P226 SPORT II SL 9mm
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 05:55:40 AM »
The match trigger on these means that the fire control components have been hand fit. The action is smoother and more crisp than a standard 226. It is still nowhere near a match 1911. The trigger pull is also not noticeably less than the standard pistol.

As far as reducing the trigger pull weight you would need to call Sig to see what they are willing to do. If you want it reduced to a certain weight you will need to experiment or send it to Grayguns.

Any 226 magazine will work in the Sport and as far as I know the padded mag floor plates will fit any standard(high) capacity mag.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk