Author Topic: Manly Guns  (Read 8011 times)

mike31

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Manly Guns
« on: October 28, 2007, 06:04:21 AM »
Here's a Viking's view of the top 10 manly guns...very funny read...my collection is only 40% "MANLY". http://arthurshall.com/x_2007_manly_firearms.shtml

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Manly Guns
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 06:56:20 AM »
A friend sent this to me yesterday.  Pretty funny stuff.  Should be a Mossey 500 instead of the Remmy 870.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

enidpd804

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 07:19:10 AM »
If Mossberg counts and 629 is close enough, then I'm at 50%!   ;D
Warren

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 07:24:55 AM »
Hey, If a Mossey and the 629 DIDN'T count I'd call BS!

In any case those are the only ones on the list that I have.  ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 08:42:07 AM »
I have 50% of the list (M91/30 instead of M44 and Wilson .45 instead of Colt).
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:26:24 PM »

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 11:00:30 PM »
Why is there no .45-70 or S&W 500 on his list? He's a pansy! ;D (J/K)

I've got a GLOCK, a 1911, an AR15, and a Mossberg 590 (It's a little more manly than the 870... After all, you can't put a bayonet on an 870.). And I have access to an AK47. So that puts me at 50%.
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

Eric S

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 06:53:26 PM »
A Glock isn't Manly.  It is a great gun, but its made of plastic!!!!  Men like Wood and Steel, not the stuff milk jugs are made from!!

Where is the Garand, the BAR the Mauser?  Any of these are more manly than a Glock....

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 07:37:13 PM »
A Glock isn't Manly.  It is a great gun, but its made of plastic!!!!  Men like Wood and Steel, not the stuff milk jugs are made from!!

Where is the Garand, the BAR the Mauser?  Any of these are more manly than a Glock....

A Sig is more manly than a Glock. German steel, precision-made, and in .45ACP, kick-ass.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 10:11:19 PM »
MMMhh Pathfinder, I think that would be Swiss steel, and only on the slide yes? Aluminum frame, ok we can call it an alloy. The BAR definitely is a manly gun, but sadly unavailable to most of us, even the semi versions take mucho dinero.
The M1 is definitely a manly gun. Manly guns mean big projectiles, at a decent rate of speed or really heavy large projectiles at a nominal rate of speed.. Arthur has some interesting picks, but is very limited.

I guess lets start out with what does manly mean? I think things that less than a MAN would not want to participate in, however stupid that may be on reflection after the event. I once worked for a shooting range, sighting in rifles, mounting scopes and so forth, and I thought why would people pay me to sight in their guns? Well some people are not good at it, but some people are really smart and let me sight in their heavy rifles. After a day of .460 Weatherby, and 500/475 nitro shooting, off the bench, I decided that the range rates were way too cheap, and my clients were very smart. You learn really quickly to shoot a very good first shot and do your math. 10 - 15 rounds of 30/06 is no big deal, but shooting the behemoths, makes you pause. Get out the book, look up the trajectory, pay attention to the sight or scope adjustments and do it in a very efficient manner.

Lets make our own list of manly guns or cartridges.

1) .50 BMG of course.
2) .460 Weatherby
3) .600 nitro express, and the slightly smaller variants.
4) 8mm norma magnum
5) lets take a break, almost all the magnum rifle cartridges above 30 cal.
6) 45/70, .444 marlin, 50/110, all those lovely 350grn + bullets in .40 cal and bigger.
7) .54 cal muzzle loaders are very manly. Especially if you grow a beard and look like Charleton Heston in the " Mountain Men"
8) .500, .460 S&W magnums
9) .44, .41 magnum.
10) all the Linebaugh cartridges.
11) the Howdah pistol, oh yea.

I'm not going to hog this thread, post your own vision of manly guns and cartridges.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

23Bandit

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 01:34:38 AM »
WOW...1 out of 10.  My Remington 870.  I guess I'm just not very manly.  Oh well :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk