Author Topic: Benelli M4 -opinions?  (Read 2790 times)

mnshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Benelli M4 -opinions?
« on: November 01, 2007, 10:13:11 PM »
I'm considering getting a Benelli M4 shotgun.  Does anyone have experience with these?
How would you rate them against other tactical shotguns?  Thanks

someguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Benelli M4 -opinions?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 04:41:05 AM »
Disclaimer - I don't own one, and haven't shot one.  However, I almost bought one new, and part of the reason I didn't is that unlike the M1, M2 and I'm pretty sure the M3, you can't put a mag extension tube on the M4, so you're giving up at least two rounds.  Might not matter to you, but worth noting.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:29:30 AM »
I have an M2 for hunting and love the gun.  When looking for a tactical gun I looked at both Remington and Benelli.  After deciding Benelli was my choice, I looked at the options.  I ended up with an M1 with 20" barrel and standard stock.  I like the standard stock for reloading ease - I found the Steady Grip provided too much of an obstruction for easy loading.  I added a barrel extension that gives me 8 + 1 (with low base).  Cost of the M1 is much less than the M4.  If I were to step up I would go with the M3 which gives the option of pump or semi-auto on the same gun, but I can't think of a reason for that at this time for what I use it for.

My two cents - M1 with 20" (18.5" limits mag extension and comes with Steady Grip), mag extension that extends to muzzle (mine is 3/4" longer which does not add obstruction for close quarters and meets rules for three gun), oversize bolt handle and oversize bolt release (these two items are undersized on every gun I've ever seen), and sight system of choice - I have vent rib, and a red dot that clamps to the rib for easy removal and accurate re-installation (ghost rings and red dot do not leave good options for all around shooting for me).
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

mnshooter

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 10:00:47 PM »
I did look at the add on 2 round extensions for the M4.  This would bring the total to six in the tube, but with that "not original but added on" look.  A Benelli rep told me the feds have decided not to let them import the full length tubes or the collapsible stocks, so unless they start domestic production you can't there from here.  You're left with a sort of "almost like"  the real military shotgun.  Would still enjoy reading comments from anyone who has one in use.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk