Author Topic: Wilson Elite Tactical Magazines  (Read 2256 times)

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Wilson Elite Tactical Magazines
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:45:14 PM »
I just ordered a few of the newly released Wilson Elite Tactical 1911 magazines following Michael's glowing recommendation a few weeks ago on Down Range Radio...thanks a lot Michael.....you're costing me more money, again..... ;)

Michael or anyone else.......have you tried them yet?  They sound great and I'm looking forward to putting some rounds through them in my Nighthawk Talon and hopefully using them for carry.  Sounds like they will work with 8 rounds instead of just loading 7 rounds in an 8 round magazine for carry reliability.  Hope it works as advertised as the extra round with reliability would be nice.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
Re: Wilson Elite Tactical Magazines
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 06:14:50 PM »
I've now shot a bunch of them, and they all work as billed (or as Billed...haha...sorry...been on the range all day). In fact, I'm going to buy a dozen (over time...over time) and standardize on them as my 1911 .45 mag of choice. They are true 8-rounders...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 06:48:02 PM »
That's perfect Michael...thank you for your input.  I was hoping you liked the Wilson magazines and I'm delighted that 8 rounds of 45ACP can now be carried reliably without compromise.  Corbon 230 gr 45ACP +P with the Wilson ETMs sound like a good carry combination to me.  I'll add to mine over a few months as well.  The numbering on the bottom of the magazine is also a good idea for cycling and tracking each magazine's reliability.

Regards
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:18:28 AM »
I have used Wilson mags since they first came out (both 7 and 8 rounders) and have used 8 round conversion units in several different manufacturers mag bodies.  Any problem has been ammo related (reloads).  I compete on a regular basis and practiced weekly without problems.  I have and will continue to stake my life on them.  I will say the same thing for Chip McCormick mags except I haven't had them as long.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »
Anyone else try these new Wilson magazines yet in their 1911?  Any reports would be appreciated.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:44:51 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk