Author Topic: Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Bob Howard  (Read 2648 times)

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Bob Howard
« on: November 07, 2007, 03:23:56 AM »
After watching the the Assasination of Jesse James, I have to admit it was better than what I was expecting.  It really isn't a DVD purchase because it is only good for one viewing.  There is some cussing and some violence.  The good thing about the Sexual content is they limited it to about five off color jokes and unlike most modern movies just insinuated at an encounter instead of showing the encounter.

As far as historical accuracy it is right on from the article and documentries I've watched, but I do question their interpretation of what caused Jesse to take off his guns when he was killed.

In short this is a rental without the kids around, but it isn't a very uplifting movie.  It would be better to watch the 1957 3:10 to Yuma.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Bob Howard
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:47:26 AM »
I thought Bob Ford shot James?

Wray Finney

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 07:35:13 AM »
Think it was Bob Ford. Then Ned Kelly shot Bob Ford later in Creede, Colo. In Bob's bar.

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 11:11:53 PM »
Think it was Bob Ford. Then Ned Kelly shot Bob Ford later in Creede, Colo. In Bob's bar.
Your right.  I can make an excuse but I goofed.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk