Author Topic: Military Retiree's and active duty TRICARE users are gettng hosed by Congress  (Read 4293 times)

WymoreWrangler

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
About a month ago I was informed by my employer, State of Nebraska, that they could no longer offer me a TRICARE policy  supplement because of language in H.R. 5122, Section 710, known as the John Warner Defense Appropriations Act.  Basically, it states that they want to strongly discourage employers from having their employees use an earned benefit from military service, i.e. TRICARE, because it's overburdened.  If I want the supplement, I have to pay 100 percent of the cost, POST-TAX.  Every other insurance deduction is taken pre-taxes.  I've contacted both of my Senators, their military affairs aides, know nothing about this, it becomes law 01 Jan 2008.  Plus they haven't responded back on asking the Senators to support legislation to repeal this.  I also called the National Headquarters of the American Legion, they knew about this but have done nothing to fight it, guess it makes you wonder if the Legion really have our best interests at heart doesn't it... It really irks me that Congress doesn't think that I should have the same opportunities for compensation as my co-workers, i.e. having them pay for the supplement, and yes it cost alot less than Blue Cross/Blue Shield.  And that it must be done so this supplement cost me more money....  Sure wish a good lawyer was out there to sue the government, I can't see how this could stand up to a legal challenge...   Veteran's Day rant off...  A salute to all my brothers and sisters in arms on this special day...

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
I'm sure sorry that this is happening to you and others. 

This is confirming a pattern I'm seeing with the government.  That is government making promises it has no intention to keep.  Breaking promises to veterans is the worst.

I've a friend who's wife is a doctor.  She has had to stop seeing anyone but paying customers and then offer charity on the side.  It seems as though the government knows they can't pay (don't have enough money) the claims of medicare and medicaid and are hiding behind various public instruments (Blue Cross?) pressuring them to deny claims.  It seems as though doctors working for an educational system (university hospital systems) receive 115% of what medicare/medicaid pays and it pays the school systems all of the time; doctors on the outside get 80% if they get paid.  See another pattern here?  Know someone elderly who can't see their same doctor any longer?

Maybe it is a good thing the dollar is becoming Monopoly money....I think most people will continue to vote for the silver tongued devils unless they get pinched really good.  I think we're all gonna get "pinched" really good by the economy shortly...I just hope it happens before the next round of congressional elections so that some of the deadbeats can be held accountable.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Dharmaeye

Psychiatric TRICARE  has been destroyed by its local management in Tacoma. Wife's nurse friends used to work there.

MikeO

• Liked:
Every month I fume over the lack of concurrent receipt of my retired pay and VA disability pay (my USAF retired pay is reduced by the amount of my VA disability pay).

GUNS-R-US

• Top Forum Member
  • We must protect & defend our freedoms!
  • Liked:
Every month I fume over the lack of concurrent receipt of my retired pay and VA disability pay (my USAF retired pay is reduced by the amount of my VA disability pay).

How much is your disability percentage?
Mike Kramer
NRA "Benefactor" Life Member 
2AF Life Member

Sponsor

WymoreWrangler

• Liked:
I've called Sean Hanity's radio show, got to talk to a producer, she said I wasn't the first one to call in on this subject, didn't know if Hanity would take this up or not.   What I don't think alot of people understand is, if they get by with this one, you can bet they are going to go after other entitlements also...

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
I've called Sean Hanity's radio show, got to talk to a producer, she said I wasn't the first one to call in on this subject, didn't know if Hanity would take this up or not.   What I don't think alot of people understand is, if they get by with this one, you can bet they are going to go after other entitlements also...

Not all entitlements!  They will leave the ones that they buy votes with!  Sort of like the entitlement to not be hasseled entering this country illegally......
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk