Author Topic: STI boycott  (Read 5705 times)

warhawke

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
STI boycott
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:44:02 PM »
Since hearing about STI's California boycott here on the DRTV podcast I've been shouting it all over the web. This is exactly what we need, stop whining and start fighting this nonsense. We need to demand that every manufacturer of firearms, ammunition, self defense products join in this effort. It is time that states like California, Illinois and others stop benefiting from us even as they destroy our rights. Manufacturers in anti-gun states need to move and everybody needs to tell the gestapo in those states to buy their tools from China and North Korea, just like the other tyrants of the world. We need to tell the Fudd's and others in these places that if they will not defend their fellow gun owners who own weapons they don't like then they can stop looking to us for our help. If Stanley Sheet-shooter in LA can't get his ammo TOUGH! He should try fighting the anti's or learn to play golf, after all it's just a game for him anyway.

I am tired of watching my rights wash away in a tide of apathy. I am tired of listening to people who whine about what's going on and do nothing but sit on their fat duff's. I'm tired of people who cut a check to the NRA and think it is going to restore their rights, or even keep the one's they have. It is time to make noise, it's time to hurt peoples bottomlines, it's time to show that we will not take this crap anymore.
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"
(The one hope of the doomed is not to hope for safety)
Virgil

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: STI boycott
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 03:25:34 AM »
they actually said "FU" to CA years ago.   Then a few years after that they said they would sell to LEO, who of corse are exmept to the laws that us "regular" folks in CA must fallow. 

All cops are good guys right? 

Stuff like this is why I really hate CA. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

kmbr45

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 06:21:24 AM »
Since I am not in the market for and STI handgun, I am planning to purchase a t-shirt from them as a small gesture of support and I would encourage everyone to do the same. Likewise, get yourself some Barrett shirts as well.

Well done STI.

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 06:22:56 AM »
They only way that I can see this working is that the large manufacturers say no as well, and that is to everyone, LE included.  Of course this may be what CA is planning on, LE excluded.  If other states sign on, and I would be that MA or MD would next, then what..  I still applaud the action, I just hope there is more follow through.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 06:38:04 AM »
As I recall, a lot of the LEO agencies supported these lame, egregiously illegal laws. So screw 'em So no one sells anything to any LEO or other gummint agency in CA (or IL for that matter) - no holsters, belts, vests, nothing. Cut 'em off and let 'em know why!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:05:54 PM »

gunman42782

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 10:16:23 AM »
Barrett also moved out of the state, if I remember correctly.  But, yes, the big companys need to step up and tell them no more guns, period.  The bad thing about it is company from overseas would just step in to fill the gap. 
Life Member of the NRA

joemerchant24

• Active Forum Member
    • Joe's Crabby Shack
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 10:35:33 AM »
Larry Correia is putting together a group STI "thank you" buy.

http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/11/15/sti-group-buy/

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 01:02:04 PM »
Basic boycotts are great, and they do cause "some" thought.  However, if you really want to make a point with a boycott you need to do like Barrett did and not sell or service weapons to the law enforcement agencies as well.

Do you think it would get some attention if manufacturers and distributors refused to sell to anyone, including law enforcement, in the land of fruits and nuts?  Imagine if the only way the LAPD could get new weapons was to purchase them from some out of state agency, and since it was then sold as used there was no warranty or support.  And how about ammo?  Since no one will ship guns into California there will be no need for ammo. 

This may actually become an issue that takes care of itself, since unless gun makers are going to build special guns just for California (look at what car manufacturers were forced to do starting back in the late 60's) it will be a boycott brought on by the legal system in itself.  Most likely that is what they want, but I sure hope they have studied the recent history in Great Britten so they know the pitfalls of trying to ban knives and clubs next.

If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »
Man, I wish I could afford an STI right now...I was looking at the Trojan long slide, but chickened out when my local guy said it would be about $1500. I know that's not a lot compared to many 1911's, but I didn't know if I'd like it and there aren't any around here to "feel up".
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Trevor

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 07:57:41 PM »
STI does not currently have any models on California's approved handgun list.  They already are not selling to private citizens there.  Have they been selling to law enforcement though?  If so, then the boycott has a nice ring to it.  If not, then, well, why the charade?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk