Author Topic: What's the backup plan?  (Read 20775 times)

tombogan03884

Re: What's the backup plan?
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 07:22:58 AM »
Cash in on my assortment of esoteric knowledge while telling a lot of people , " Told you so, but you knew better".

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 06:54:28 PM »
You're going on Jeopardy?!? Cool!

No, really. What senator/representative are all the gun enthusiasts rallying behind?  I guarantee that I'm voting R all the way, but I know it's not enough.  (If it was the Republicans would vote for a new member of the SCOTUS.  Too many RINOs.)

As for Alfsauve's drift,  I think the author is only half right.  It's not five people, it's the right five people.

vincewarde

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 10:19:53 AM »
Always hope for the best, but plan for the worst. 

With that in mind, what are the contingency plans IF Hilary wins the election.  This will mean either her or Obama gets to pick Scalia's replacement and throw in possibly a few others.  She'll also push for the Australia model of confiscation, higher taxes on all things firearms, and changing laws to attack the manufacturers.

Who is the lead politician spearheading against this or will this be a coalition of small groups fighting (politically) in coordination with each other?  We cannot afford to just react blindly.

I have a suggestion that doesn't involve a Civil War.  We simply amend the Constitution so that SCOTUS and POTUS have no wiggle room.  We have 42 states that have adopted shall issue (or better) and therefore could be counted upon to ratify a clearly worded amendment.  We only need 34 states.  We need congress to get the process started, but we do not need the president - so it's quite "doable".

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 10:45:02 AM »
Let's take a page from the enemy's handbook:

1.  Public protests;
2.  Civil disobedience;
3.  Forceful but not so much we land in prison or with charges that legally and constitutionally strip us of rights (leave the arms at home for a later fight);
4.  Speak in a language understood outside the gun range, gun shop, or gun forum;
5.  Using above, be in the face and unrelenting (remember that abortionists and gay rights advisers have pointed out we are too quiet and compromising - Especially the NRA).

The left is advancing while we are losing the battles.  We need to reframe the war, and use what works.  Rednecks strutting with open carry fuels their fight and hurts us.  Put on your business suit, put on your yuppie clothes, speak in complete sentences, and be unrelenting in factual messages (research and create the message - Don't use facebook memes as your research source!

Keep in mind that even with the GOP, RINOS and all, are in control, the left keeps advancing.  We need to learn from our loses if we want to turn the tide.

Drift, and possibly a point for another discussion:

When do we quit being defensive and move to repealing what we have lost?  When do we go back to the 1930's and undo the laws that stripped us of so much?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »
I've been saying for years that we need to quit the stupidity of "principles" and "informed debate" and adopt the tactics of the left.
Its not that hard,Alinsky wrote them down , ridicule your opposition, do anything to suppress them, and keep it simple because most of the sheep are too damned dumb to understand anything more complex than a Face Book meme.
Always remember that the ONLY thing that matters is getting and using power.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 06:12:14 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 01:29:19 PM »
I've been saying for years that we need to quit the stupidity of "principles" and "informed debate" and adopt the tactics of the left.
Its not that hard,Alinsky wrote them down , ridicule your opposition, do anything to suppress them, and keep it simple because most of the sheep are too damned dumb to understand anything more complex than a Face Book meme.
Always remember that the ONLY thing that matters is getting and using power.

This is where we differ Tom.  The end does not justify the means.  We need to do more, but if we abandon our principles our victory will be hollow and not based on the foundations of this nation.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

tombogan03884

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 02:37:36 PM »
Principles are meaningless unless your in a position to do something about them.
Leftists have always got that, Republican's, especially evangelicals, never have, and probably never will.
That's why instead of upholding anything they continue to just bitch and lose.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 03:49:16 PM »
Which group of Do Anything To Get Power do you trust?

Those telling the biggest lies you want to hear or those only telling reasonable lies you want to hear.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 08:28:54 PM »

Those telling the biggest lies you want to hear or those only telling reasonable lies you want to hear.

Neither.  We make our own decisions and work together across the board to preserve and restore our rights.

I want to thank everyone for their thoughts and suggestions.  We have a good base to start from.

1)  We vote.  Get as many gun rights people in office.

2)  Voice our thought like M58 said.  Be strong and professional.  Use reported events to explain and defend the right to bear arms.  (NRA has them as well as other sites.)  Don't use stats.  They'll argue against them like we do. (Lies, damn lies, and statistics.)

3)  Remember what TomBogan said.  The opposition will try to shame and ridicule you.  Turn it around to shame them.  Point out how firearms protect everyone including people of color, interracial couples, transsexuals, homosexuals, people of different religions.  Show that gun ownership is not just for white Christians, but for all Americans.  (We are fighting for this right for everyone after all.)  If someone say's that we are afraid of a black person with a gun, you not only say hell no, but post pictures of those gun owners.  Tell stories of how they defended themselves with firearms or have made a good living in shooting sports.  (Hell, point out the fact that the Lone Ranger is based on a black sheriff.) Make the anti crowd so angry that they rant and rave and look like five year old children to the independents.  The ones that haven't made a choice.  (Dancing with the stars group that doesn't care because the think it doesn't affect them.

4) Do what VinceWarde says and have the politicians push for national reciprocity for concealed carry.  And have it done to the ALASKAN model or Utah model!  The regulations on this need to be as simple as possible.  We can not allow room for them to say ok and push for a New York, D.C., or California version of Concealed carry permit regulations.  The least amount as possible.  There are 42 states and we need 34. That means we can only afford to lose 6 before the vote starts for it to have any real chance.

5) Push for everything else in the Federal Spending bill.  We know it's going to get passed, so lets use it to our advantage and put in laws against overbearing taxation, forcing of insurance on gun owners, litigation against firearm manufacturers, ect..  Use the Spending bill to expand gun rights.

What do you think?

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2016, 06:02:57 AM »

Don't TRUST any of them, that's the stupidity that got us into this mess.
Watch 'em like a hawk, and punish the ones that need it, that last part is where America's been slacking.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk