Author Topic: What's the backup plan?  (Read 20774 times)

tombogan03884

Re: What's the backup plan?
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 08:10:50 AM »
The wimps of today would never have sailed across an ocean and carved a world power from the wilderness.

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 03:42:17 PM »
This is where we differ Tom.  The end does not justify the means.  We need to do more, but if we abandon our principles our victory will be hollow and not based on the foundations of this nation.

I have to disagree with you there. You don't have to abandon your principles to use the tactics of the left. It is easy to see where you are coming from, being that leftists are such hypocrites, but communicating truth, while using the same platform does not lower you to their level.

For example, if you look at most of the Patriot propaganda from the Revolution, it was a stretch to say the least, but it got people off the fence, and on the right side.

A good example of this is the Boston Massacre. The British solders didn't just walk into a crowd and start firing. They were under attack and it got out of control. Looking at history from a purely objective point, the colonists were at fault, but does that really take away from what the end result was to become? 
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 09:15:29 PM »
<snip> Looking at history from a purely objective point, the colonists were at fault, but does that really take away from what the end result was to become?

Basically agreeing with you for the most, except wondering what the colonies were at fault for.  The American Revolution was decades long in the making.  The King and the British government did not live up to the laws, contracts and covenants that had been established and the colonies bent over backwards petitioning that everyone live by the rules agreed upon before things reached a flash point.

A good lesson for governments everywhere. 

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2016, 06:00:51 AM »
Basically agreeing with you for the most, except wondering what the colonies were at fault for.  The American Revolution was decades long in the making.  The King and the British government did not live up to the laws, contracts and covenants that had been established and the colonies bent over backwards petitioning that everyone live by the rules agreed upon before things reached a flash point.

Sounds kind of like the efforts of the Tea Party compared to things like Fast and Furious",recessappointments when congress wasn't in recess, and royal edicts negating immigration laws.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 05:24:02 PM »
Yeah, what Tom said.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:48:52 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2016, 05:57:03 AM »

Do you realize thatte wole thin came down to te British ovt wanted to tax the colonies to recover some o the expense of protecting them from the French, and Indians.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2016, 08:00:19 AM »
Principles are meaningless unless your in a position to do something about them.
Leftists have always got that, Republican's, especially evangelicals, never have, and probably never will.
That's why instead of upholding anything they continue to just bitch and lose.

So you support Hillary using false health claims and back door power to avoid answering for Benghazi, you support a GOP Convention that ignores the voters and dumps the leading or winning candidate, you have no problem with appointing Judges that legislate from the bench as long as they go YOUR way, ...

These are the things I see when you say "principles are meaningless."  I would even go so far as to predict anarchy in such a selfish and immature action.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2016, 08:52:55 AM »
So you support Hillary using false health claims and back door power to avoid answering for Benghazi, you support a GOP Convention that ignores the voters and dumps the leading or winning candidate, you have no problem with appointing Judges that legislate from the bench as long as they go YOUR way, ...

These are the things I see when you say "principles are meaningless."  I would even go so far as to predict anarchy in such a selfish and immature action.

What you do is let the politicians get elected by any means they can. 

Then execute those who got elected for being the most unprincipled, deceitful, cheating and hypocritical SOBs of the bunch.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2016, 12:49:28 PM »

No need to lie at all. Use lots of words to say nothing and the dumb ass sheeple will hear what they want.
The first thing I'd do is end this ridiculous "democracy" crap. It has never worked, and was never intended by the founders.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 884
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2016, 01:13:34 PM »
But you said to do what they are doing, and the democracy thing is what they do.  They take polls and tell the highest number of people exactly what they want, and then they buy their office that way.

Let's say we exercise the democratic part of democratic republic, and we use the same tactics as the liberals:  We GET loud and proud, stay in the face of the media and elected officials, and we state facts (this is a departure from them, because I mean real facts instead of twisted truths that lie).

My elected officials hear from me on items I see as important, they respond with more than a canned letter, at least the conservative side does, they expect to hear from me from time to time, and a couple have even called me for my take or answers to questions.  How many fighting the fight can say that?  By the way, I was thanked and held for more information by a Democrat Chair of a tax committee one evening.  The reason was that I treated her and the committee with respect, I stated facts without name calling or drawing threatening lines in the sand, and I framed my point in how it harmed everyone of all races, ages, genders and other affiliations.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk