Author Topic: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?  (Read 185998 times)

Timothy

Re: What's the last thing you ate or are currently eating?
« Reply #100 on: March 28, 2018, 12:19:40 PM »
Ted’s Deluxe, toasted!

Muslims, Jews and 7th Day Adventists should avoid a Ted’s Deluxe!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #101 on: March 29, 2018, 03:18:23 PM »
I don't know who Ted is, or what a Ted's Deluxe is, but I looked online yesterday and one of the possibilities was a bacon cheeseburger. Time is running out to get a donut burger or cod burger from my favorite burger joint, Freakin' Unbelievable Burgers. The cod burger is the best fish sandwich I ever had. It has a big piece of cod with chipotle mayo IIRC, along with the other toppings, on a brioche bun.

I had a bunch of Crab Rangoon made with 100% rock crab. None of that imitation crab meat. They were covered with a generous amount of sweet chili sauce. For some reason the wontons are shaped very much like pot stickers. Probably because it's easy to make them that way.

They had Pagoda snacks on sale a week or 2 ago at 3 for $5, or whatever price it was for 3 with an e coupon. The coupon could be used up to 5 times at once. I didn't want 15 packages of appetizers and got 9 of them instead. They barely fit in my freezer with all the other stuff I bought.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

« Reply #102 on: March 29, 2018, 04:17:26 PM »
Ted’s is a local pizza joint near the shop.

Toasted sub, ham, bacon, roast beef, turkey, capicola, lettuce, tomato, onion, banana peppers, mayo...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: March 29, 2018, 06:21:04 PM »
Ted’s is a local pizza joint near the shop.

Toasted sub, ham, bacon, roast beef, turkey, capicola, lettuce, tomato, onion, banana peppers, mayo...

Mmm. That sounds good. I have a Marie Callender’s Delights dinner in the microwave. Only 300 calories for 11.1 ounces of turkey meatloaf in roasted red pepper tomato sauce, potatoes, and greens. I don't know yet if it's any good, but some of the regular Marie Callender's frozen dinners aren't bad. I buy stuff like that when it's on sale so I can have something different every day without having to cook it all myself.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2018, 11:01:48 PM »
The seasoned leafy greens in that dinner yesterday were chard, kale, and spinach, but tasted like lawn clippings to me. You just can't escape kale these days. It's everywhere. The greens didn't necessarily need a smoked ham hock, but it sure would have helped. So would some mustard greens and hot sauce. I like mixed turnip and mustard greens, and a little kale in the mix is okay too. Collard greens are good, and easy to grow IIRC. I had some in my garden a long, long time ago. The rest of the dinner was okay. I think I have a few more of various kinds of them left. 

The last thing I had was some Planters Deluxe Mixed Nuts (no peanuts). The mix has hazelnuts in it and no Brazil nuts, which really surprised me. They used to have filberts (hazelnuts) in the mix, but replaced them with pistachios a few years ago. Now they've replaced the Brazil nuts with hazelnuts. Brazil nuts must be getting too expensive, and harvesting them can be deadly. The nuts are arranged something like segments of an orange, inside a thing that looks similar to a coconut about 4"-6" in diameter, that can weigh up to 2 kilos. Imagine one of those falling from 100 feet or even more. People have actually been killed by them. I also found out years ago that you can light a Brazil nut and it will burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIT9PMuC4ck

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 02:44:29 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2018, 06:25:10 PM »
I'm eating my free Kinder Joy. The toy that came with it is a little skateboard. They can't legally sell Kinder Surprise, with a toy inside the chocolate egg in the U.S. Since it's illegal to have a toy inside of candy here, they have a toy in one half of the egg and the candy next to it in the other half.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Joy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise

I had to get my free 12 ounce bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's hot sauce no later than tomorrow so I stopped at the store and got those and a few other things. I didn't even know Sweet Baby Ray's made hot sauce.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2018, 05:14:48 PM »
I had 2 pieces of Polish sausage with sauerkraut and Dijon mustard on hotdog buns for breakfast, and whenever I get around to eating lunch I'll have 2 more. I like spicier mustard but that's all I have. Instead of the usual jars of sauerkraut I bought a 2 pound refrigerated bag of it in the meat department. It was worth the $1.49 it cost me, but I'll be eating sausage and sauerkraut the rest of the week to use it up.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: April 05, 2018, 02:33:53 PM »
DiGiorno cheese stuffed crust supreme pizza. It's okay as long as it's hot. I decided not to eat sausage and sauerkraut every day with no breaks in between.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2018, 10:00:50 PM »
Being in the final hours of this experience, we are emptying everything that holds cold.  Son came home again to lend a hand and surprised me with supper:  Bacon Hash   ;D  Bacon, ground beef, onion, and torn apart tater tots, topped with fried eggs.  He also found some Andouille in the freezer and fried that up as a side.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: April 05, 2018, 10:47:34 PM »
What experience Mike?

I had some El Monterey charbroiled chicken & Monterey Jack cheese quesadillas for the first time.
http://www.elmonterey.com/6-ct-signature-chicken-monterey-jack-cheese-quesadilla/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk