Author Topic: I've been pwned again!  (Read 655 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
I've been pwned again!
« on: May 19, 2023, 10:14:39 PM »
I've been pwned again! For the second time this year, that I know of, all of my personal info was sold on the dark web. I'm still getting lots of phishing emails from the last time, a couple months ago. For example, I've won a couple dozen of sets of Le Creuset Cookware, if I just click n the link and get my computer hijacked, or pay for shipping so they have my banking info, or whatever.

This time, Luxottica Group S.p.A., an Italian eyewear conglomerate, suffered a data breach in March 2021 via one of their partners that exposed the personal information of more than 70M people. The data was subsequently sold via a popular hacking forum in late 2022 and included email and physical addresses, names, genders, dates of birth and phone numbers. Luxottica is the world’s largest eyewear company, glasses, and prescription frames maker, and the owner of popular brands like Ray-Ban, Oakley, Chanel, Prada, Versace, Dolce and Gabbana, Burberry, Giorgio Armani, Michael Kors,  Essilor, Persol, LensCrafters, OPSM, Sunglass Hut, Apex by Sunglasshut, Eyemed, Pearle Vision, Sears Optical, Glasses.com, Onesight, and Target Optical. The company operates Eyemed, a vision insurance company in the US. If you have an account on any of those websites, change your password immediately. They got my info through Oakley SI (Standard Issue).

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/luxottica-confirms-2021-data-breach-after-info-of-70m-leaks-online/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxottica

When I searched my main email address at haveibeenpwned, it says that it's been in 9 data breaches. But I'm a member there, and if I'm signed into my account it shows sensitive data and includes a data breach at guns.com, bringing the total up to 10 for that email address.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: I've been pwned again!
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2023, 10:20:03 PM »
When I searched my secondary email address, it came up clean. It's a Hotmail address that gets junk mail daily so I rarely use it, but so far none of my information has been sold, except what Microsoft sells to anyone with a few bucks.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2023, 10:36:06 PM »
Here's a list of pwned websites, breached websites that have been loaded into Have I Been Pwned, from 000webhost and 123RF to Zurich and Zynga, plus a few Russian and Korean sites I'm unable to read the names of. All are marked with symbols to identify what type of breach they are. 674 pwned websites, 12,576,062,746 pwned accounts, 115,745 pastes, and 228,721,727 paste accounts. There's a good chance you're one of the unlucky people whose information has been bought and sold on the dark web and you don't even know it, if you haven't checked your email addresses.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/PwnedWebsites

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2023, 06:35:09 AM »
I was thinking Luxottica doesn't affect me, until I saw Glasses.com.  Crap.

Our spam phone calls go in cycles.   I use my greeting out of Longmire and I think they mark my info as a business.    After about a month the calls decrease.   Right now we're enjoying relative quiet.

"A gracious good afternoon.  And a good afternoon it is at the Chalet d' San Souci and continual soiree.  How may I help?"
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk