Author Topic: Range Bag Ideas & Selections....  (Read 3283 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
Re: Range Bag Ideas & Selections....
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 12:01:04 AM »
I have three different style bags:

1.  Soft tool bag that I use for all my first aid supplies;

2.  Three S&W range bags (the ones you get free ... you pay a few hundred for and they give you a free handgun with it);

3.  Three slightly smaller cheap bags with no outer or inner pockets.

I stock my S&W bags for each of the games I like to play.  One will have everything I need for Cowboy, one will be all set for USPSA, and one for bullseye.

The green bags are used for extra ammunition or misc. supplies that don't fit in the others.

Depending on the time of year some bags will be switched out.  In the winter I don't shoot SASS, so that bag will be switched to smallbore.

I have learned that it is much easier to find time for shooting if I am organized and ready.  By having the bags all set up, I can grab and go.  When I get home from a time of shooting, I try to do all restocking, repair, etc. within 48hrs.  By having multiple stocked and staged bags I have learned that I can be prepared and arrive at the range with every possible need - Ear plugs, muffs, gloves, batteries, timers, recorded range commands, targets, squib rods, tools, fiber optic rods, safety glasses, eye shades, ...

I wish I could give better descriptions and sizes, but I have not seen my bags in three months.  I can't wait to get my FOID card, so I can be reunited with my toys.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2018, 09:19:40 AM »
https://www.duluthtrading.com/store/product/louies-lunch-box-insulated-cooler-79702.aspx?wpc=BLP&tall=N&src=GBSHPMNFS50&gclid=CjwKCAjw4PHZBRA-EiwAAas4ZjxuzEpROleDNrQJSRGhGbwPw2FPK8rXiPiBsqzvi-9ghyhGi64n8xoCxVYQAvD_BwE

I use this. It holds a lot of ammo, eyes, ears, magazines. Gun travels in holster or clamshell.

I really like that idea.  In fact, all of the ideas. 

The thing I've been doing that is wrong is trying to do it all with one bag with the exception of my blowout kit which is:

https://www.amazon.com/Infityle-MOLLE-Medical-Utility-First/dp/B01M8LMM90/ref=sr_1_4?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1531059530&sr=1-4&keywords=Infityle+EMT+Pouch+-+Tactical+MOLLE&dpID=51CDlvySqjL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I'm going to have to look at that Louie's lunch box or similar for an ammo carrier.  I clearly need to make a decision on multiple bags and their purposes....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 02:07:58 AM »
I use a cheap duffel bag with a solid but flexible reinforced bottom. The main compartment holds a couple of pistols in soft cases, ammo, paper targets, and a staple gun for hanging targets on the wooden backboard at an outdoor range. The side pocket holds a cleaning kit if I'm in a mood to take it. One end is full of foam earplugs. The other end is the "mystery pocket". I can't remember what I had in there the last time. At least one pair of safety glasses goes somewhere in the bag.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

DrFootball

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 09:53:01 AM »
I have a Bulldog brand Bag but
I also have a Customized Medals of America bag....which will hold up to 4 Guns...The other one can hold 2-3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right after that last post I began using  some items from Elite Survival systems(Recon is also one of their brands) I got the smokescreen concealed Backpack and I have their Patrol/Range bag which I could put my 44lb Staffie/Bulldog mix in if I wanted with room to spare..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 10:24:12 AM »
I've got 2 MidwayUSA bags, but I rarely use the big one anymore, it's actually siting downstairs covered in various forms of dust - saw- and other. I do manage to fit everything into the medium sized bag, even when shooting multiple guns.

I did take a permanent marker and tone down the logo somewhat - seriously dislike a neon billboard on the side of a gun bag!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:48:10 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk